PDA

View Full Version : Autograph recommendations

Mdmtx
05-24-2016, 03:25 PM
Hello all,

I am a card collector and never really gotten into autographs but I would love to have a satchel Paige commemorative cachet or hof plaque. But what is an outlet to buy something like this with zero to extremely minor possibility of it not being authentic? I am not a believer in the letters of authenticity too much. See too much bs in my 50 years on this planet. Any guidance would be appreciated.

Mark Medlin

71buc
05-24-2016, 06:04 PM
Mill Creek could help you out I'm certain they could find either of those items for you.

http://www.millcreeksports.com/search.php?Search=&search_query=satchell+paige

Mdmtx
05-24-2016, 06:15 PM
Mike,

Thanks for the reply. I will check it out.

Mark

71buc
05-24-2016, 08:08 PM
I have had positive experiences with them in the past. They also will negotiate. I purchased a photo from them for $300 when the asking price was $350. My memory may not be completely accurate but that's in the ballpark. They provide great customer service and have a solid reputation. Good luck. I was lucky enough to pick up my Paige from a fellow net54 member.

Exhibitman
05-25-2016, 11:06 AM
There are enough Paige pieces out there that you should not have any problems getting one, though if you want a specific item you may have to be patient. I waited for years to get the Paige item I wanted.

On this Board, try Jim Stinson or Richard Simon; both have great reps.

Mdmtx
05-25-2016, 01:04 PM
Thanks Adam. I had a pm with a similar suggestion.

Mark