PDA

View Full Version : Auction Houses and PayPal

Jeff_cvc
05-20-2016, 12:18 PM
I have to say, AH's that use PayPal as a payment option are awesome. I find myself using AH's that offer this option more and more. For me, the ease of pushing a couple buttons on my computer instead of sending in a check or money order is so much more convenient. Not only the convenience, but also the AH receives my money more timely, which in turn, I get my winnings faster.

Am I just petty or does anyone else feel the same??

lgbbcards
05-20-2016, 12:28 PM
I completely agree. I sell a few items here and there on Ebay and like to be able to use those Paypal funds to pay for auction winnings, rather than draining the bank account.

Jeff_cvc
05-20-2016, 01:30 PM
I completely agree. I sell a few items here and there on Ebay and like to be able to use those Paypal funds to pay for auction winnings, rather than draining the bank account.

Luke, thank you for making that point as I also run in to the same issue.

sbfinley
05-20-2016, 01:34 PM
I appreciate those that do accept it, as it just makes life easier. I do, however, understand why those that don't choose so. I'd imagine the last thing I want is paypal refund case a month later after I've paid a consignor and the buyer has buyer's remorse.

Jeff_cvc
05-20-2016, 03:06 PM
I appreciate those that do accept it, as it just makes life easier. I do, however, understand why those that don't choose so. I'd imagine the last thing I want is paypal refund case a month later after I've paid a consignor and the buyer has buyer's remorse.

I didn't even realize that was possible... people never seize to amaze me. Couldn't the AH ban that person from bidding again? It might deter people from doing such a thing?? I wonder if any of the current AH's have had this issue?

ajjohnsonsoxfan
05-20-2016, 05:03 PM
more likely AH's don't want to pay the PayPal fees

05-20-2016, 05:34 PM

I also give kudos to those auction houses that participate in the Information Age. The possibility of chargebacks and PayPal/CC fees are both part of the cost of doing business in the 21st century in my opinion. The only two things I've written a check for in the last several years are my water bill and baseball cards.

Jeff_cvc
05-20-2016, 05:40 PM

That was my thought also. With that said, some very successful AH's use PayPal and they are still in business. As well as a few million other businesses around the world take credit cards and continue to keep the doors open as well as my own business. I don't like paying the associated fees but we do it as a convenience for our customers. I hope eventually AH's will catch up with the 90+% of businesses that already accept credit cards or PayPal.

Stonepony
05-20-2016, 05:42 PM
That was my thought also. With that said, some very successful AH's use PayPal and they are still in business. As well as a few million other businesses around the world take credit cards and continue to keep the doors open as well as my own business. I don't like paying the associated fees but we do it as a convenience for our customers. I hope eventually AH's will catch up with the 90+% of businesses that already accept credit cards or PayPal.

Well said

TanksAndSpartans
05-20-2016, 06:09 PM
Accepting a credit card is fine too. I really don't like writing checks and there is less and less need to these days. A company just came to service my AC and I was able to swipe my credit card on a small device.

frankbmd
05-20-2016, 06:51 PM
............................The only two things I've written a check for in the last several years are my water bill and baseball cards.

So you're a card soaker, eh?

bwbc917
05-20-2016, 07:12 PM
Heritage offers the use of Paypal. They also offered an electronic check sign up. That may be the best system, BUT with all the hacker stories out there I did not sign up. I have no idea what Heritage security on stored info is like.

I am curious, REA does not use Paypal, but they shipped as soon as my check arrived. They did not wait for it to clear. I paid Heritage using Paypal as soon as invoices came online and still have no evidence they have shipped. Anyone familiar with their shipping schedules??

drmondobueno
05-20-2016, 08:46 PM
Heritage offers the use of Paypal. They also offered an electronic check sign up. That may be the best system, BUT with all the hacker stories out there I did not sign up. I have no idea what Heritage security on stored info is like.

I am curious, REA does not use Paypal, but they shipped as soon as my check arrived. They did not wait for it to clear. I paid Heritage using Paypal as soon as invoices came online and still have no evidence they have shipped. Anyone familiar with their shipping schedules??

Open a case against Heritage. You'll find out🤑