PDA

View Full Version : At what point is your collecting hobby considered a business

polishman
05-19-2016, 12:42 PM
I know this is question probably better suited for an accountant but I'm curious how many of you that sell on ebay, trading forums and card shows actually are registered with the IRS and state as a business. I owned a hobby shop for a few years and sold it a couple years ago. I have a revolving collection that everything is always for sale and almost all money goes back into buying better cards or upgrading ones I've sold. I sell quite a bit on ebay, have done some card shows, but almost never use my profits for anything other than buying more cards. I consider it just a hobby, but would like to hear what other members think about the card hobby/business and when do you think it's time to start going legit as a real business.

DBesse27
05-19-2016, 10:02 PM
I think the more important question is what kind of polish you're into. Do you have an affinity for shoe polish?

Stampsfan
05-21-2016, 01:36 AM
When you no longer enjoy it.

Neal
05-22-2016, 07:50 AM
The moment you sell a card on eBay, at a show, on a message board, etc ..... at a loss, for a profit, or to use the money to simply buy another card