PDA

View Full Version : Bummer...need some help...

kailes2872
05-19-2016, 12:22 PM
I bought a 55 Berra PSA 6 a couple of weeks ago. It arrived this week and when I opened it up, the slab was cracked. It looked almost as if someone hit it with a hammer - as that was the only way that it would have cracked like that.

From what I can see, the card appears undamaged. I still need the card to complete my upgrade, but I don't want the slab to look like that.

I sent a note to the seller. he wasn't a huge power seller, but had a lot of positives. His response to me was very accusatory - "how do you think it happened??" then he said to send it back to him so he could inspect it more closely.

I was thinking about it and got more irritated. It was showing in the tracking and then disappeared for 4 days and then suddenly showed up. It looks like it was damaged in the processing machine. I don't know why I am the one under investigation - as I bought it, paid for it immediately, and then waited nearly 2 weeks for it to arrive - while 2 other orders that I made after that arrived before it. I don't want to send it back until I know that a refund is coming as "send it back so that I can insepct it" doesn't seem very promising. I can always hold onto it and get it reslabbed at the national - as it will probably cost as much to pack, ship, and insure back to him - but I am absorbing liability on this when it was a shipping issue.

I know that this is a post war card - so please forgive if it is in the wrong place, but I was hoping to get some eyes on this - and if the answer is "just get over it and get it reslabbed in AC" then I will accept that as sound advice and call it a cost of doing business.

Thanks

Vegas-guy
05-19-2016, 12:27 PM
My .02 cents...If your happy with the card and it's not damaged, keep it and resubmit when you can. Not worth the hassle/time to look for another one if this fits your set "the card I mean"

Rookiemonster
05-19-2016, 12:44 PM
Ask the seller for a little bit of a refund. That should help with the resubmitting.

kailes2872
05-19-2016, 12:51 PM
I thought about that but he already seems to think he is getting played and I am hesitant to do anything that would perpetuate that. .

ATP
05-19-2016, 12:58 PM
If you send it back there is no way you will not get a refund. Just make sure it has tracking so delivery can be confirmed. If you do decide to send it back, I wouldn't have any additional banter with the seller, just open a return and send it back, and wait for the refund. If he doesn't provide the refund in a timely fashion, eBay will step in and take care of it.

jason.1969
05-19-2016, 02:17 PM
I would rather pay to re-slab than incur the stress and hassle of dealing with someone you're already not crazy about. But my larger worry would be the card itself...hard to imagine that much stress on the case would leave the card as good as before.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Peter_Spaeth
05-19-2016, 03:50 PM
If you love the card, keep it and just eat the fee to regrade it. If it's fungible and you can find another, return it, you will win that dispute on not as described grounds. I don't see a middle ground where you can force a partial reimbursement though.