PDA

View Full Version : Not a baseball card post, but something more

gnpaden
05-16-2016, 06:26 AM
Hey everyone - not sure if I can post this here, but will anyways. My girlfriend and future fiancé (I am proposing in July) of 7 years was just diagnosed with ALL, acute lymphoblastic leukemia this past Sunday. We are trying to raise a little money to help with her bills. She was a healthy 30 year old elementary PE teacher when her life was suddenly dealt a bad hand. Any help whether monetarily or just a thought get of prayer would be ever so grateful.

https://www.gofundme.com/24gjb9g2

Thank you in advance,
Garrett

KCRfan1
05-16-2016, 09:16 AM
I am wishing her the very best Garrett!

I was diagnosed with Stage 4 Diffuse Large B Cell Lymphoma last September. My treatment consisted RCHOP, 6 times at 3 weeks apart.

Most of us can " bulldog " our way through the physical setback, but the most difficult was the mental aspect. Nobody can, or really prepare, someone for that.

She may want to reach out to the local LLS ( Leukemia Lymphoma Society ) for assistance for bills related to her illness and see what they can do. They can also pair her with someone ( an actual patient ) who has gone through what she will be going through. This will give her someone to talk to who has experienced what she is preparing for.

The most important is for her to do her best at keeping a positive outlook. That was hard for me to do at times, but it has to be done regardless of what is taking place.

I was fortunate that insurance covered almost all of my expenses. The hurdle is short term / long term disability. The bills don't stop just because she can't work.

I would suggest contacting who she owes to let them know what is going on, in an effort to arrange an amended payment schedule. Some may work with her, some may not, but the time to do this is now instead of when the bills are due.

Wishing her good health,

Lou