PDA

View Full Version : Sold GFA (Stephen Rocchi) Certed Forgeries Of "Mantle"

thetruthisoutthere
05-14-2016, 07:52 PM
Just today on Ebay I did an Advanced Search on Ebay of "Mantle GFA" under "Sold Listings."

The number will change, of course, every hour, but as of this writing, there were 640 Mickey Mantle autograph auctions that sold with COAs from GFA (Stephen Rocchi/Guaranteed Forensic Authenticators).

That's 640 forgeries:

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=Mantle+GFA&_in_kw=1&_ex_kw=&_sacat=0&LH_Sold=1&_udlo=&_udhi=&_samilow=&_samihi=&_sadis=15&_stpos=07728&_sargn=-1%26saslc%3D1&_salic=1&_sop=10&_dmd=1&_ipg=50&LH_Complete=1

The date range is Feb. 14, 2016 thru May 14, 2016.

That number doesn't include all of the Joe DiMaggio, Willie Mays, Ted Williams, Sandy Koufax, etc. forgeries certed by Stephen Rocchi.

The majority of those forgeries, in my opinion, aren't penned by hand.

The Joe DiMaggio search ("DiMaggio GFA") is 239 forgeries.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=dimaggio+gfa&_in_kw=1&_ex_kw=&_sacat=0&LH_Sold=1&_udlo=&_udhi=&_samilow=&_samihi=&_sadis=15&_stpos=07728&_sargn=-1%26saslc%3D1&_salic=1&_sop=13&_dmd=1&_ipg=50&LH_Complete=1

Really disgusting.

RichardSimon
05-14-2016, 08:03 PM
WOW!!!
When you see them all lined up like that you just shudder.
Most of them come from Florida and now are being sold all over the country.

thetruthisoutthere
05-14-2016, 08:07 PM
WOW!!!
When you see them all lined up like that you just shudder.
Most of them come from Florida and now are being sold all over the country.

And every week, there are new images of Mantle, DiMaggio and Williams.

Images that were never signed by the aforementioned when they were alive.

botn
05-14-2016, 08:07 PM
How the mighty have fallen. Steve was once a very respected face at PSA as President of Grading prior to Joe Orlando taking his spot.

thetruthisoutthere
05-14-2016, 08:09 PM
Ebay seller Rbisportsinc, is by far, the biggest seller of that GFA-certed garbage.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/m.html?_odkw=&_since=15&_ssn=rbisportsinc&_sop=13&LH_Complete=1&_osacat=0&_ipg=50&_from=R40&_trksid=p2046732.m570.l1313.TR9.TRC0.A0.H0.Xgfa.TR S1&_nkw=gfa&_sacat=0

http://www.ebay.com/sch/m.html?_odkw=&_ssn=rbisportsinc&nma=true&hash=item5b245734ba%3Ag%3AfOAAAOSw1DtXLp9p&item=391451718842&orig_cvip=true&_osacat=0&si=XpMKZODhQJnSCTsGJgwuylG8IBA%253D&_from=R40&_trksid=p2046732.m570.l1313.TR9.TRC0.A0.H0.Xgfa.TR S1&_nkw=gfa&_sacat=0

thetruthisoutthere
05-14-2016, 08:34 PM
How the mighty have fallen. Steve was once a very respected face at PSA as President of Grading prior to Joe Orlando taking his spot.

He decided to take the same path as Chris Morales, Ted Taylor, Drew Max, etc.

Rocchi has been the primary authenticator for John House, CEO of AtAuction since Sept. 2011.

http://atauction.com/iSynApp/Autographs-auctions

John House has been selling the same Limited Edition forgeries for eight years now.

shelly
05-15-2016, 10:35 AM
I think you have all forgotten B&J collectibles. Steve went in there when his company was about to go belly up. He proceeded to authenticate hundreds of Dimaggio's, Mays, Koufax and the list go on. Every one of those items where forged.
He then teamed up with Tony Podsada to sell thousands of more forgeries on the market.
I would love both of them go come on here and deny it.
:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Lordstan
05-15-2016, 10:41 AM
It's just a damn shame. So sad.

botn
05-15-2016, 10:53 AM
I think you have all forgotten B&J collectibles. Steve went in there when his company was about to go belly up. He proceeded to authenticate hundreds of Dimaggio's, Mays, Koufax and the list go on. Every one of those items where forged.
He then teamed up with Tony Podsada to sell thousands of more forgeries on the market.

With information so obvious why have the Feds not gotten involved? Seems like Rocchi has earned quite the reputation since leaving PSA. Questions were raised about all of GAI's authentication of not just cards but autographs. It has gone from bad to worse for him.

thetruthisoutthere
05-15-2016, 11:13 AM

Yep.

Also, GAI "authenticated" thousands of Mantle, Williams, DiMaggio and Mays forgeries before they went bankrupt.

RichardSimon
05-16-2016, 08:06 AM
Years ago Jimmy Spence told me in an e mail that Steve Rocchi entered into a deal with B&J to issue In The Presence PSA COA's for Joe DiMaggio autographs when the autographs were not actually witnessed by anyone with PSA. I had noticed an in the presence PSA COA for a DiMaggio signed ball on ebay which did not look authentic to me. I sent an e mail to Jimmy and that is what he told me. Jimmy did express his displeasure with the deal. It was obvious to me that Jimmy would not have authenticated the autograph that I saw on ebay.
I still have the e mail.

Fuddjcal
05-16-2016, 07:42 PM

Don't worry they won't.:rolleyes: Again? Will they? Complete losers PERIOD GAME OVER

Exhibitman
05-17-2016, 02:58 PM
And every week, there are new images of Mantle, DiMaggio and Williams.

Images that were never signed by the aforementioned when they were alive.

Maybe they're from the "Signed While Dead" series?

thetruthisoutthere
05-17-2016, 04:27 PM

You might be right.

There is one seller on Ebay who has probably sold over $50,000 in GFA-certed crap.

RichardSimon
05-17-2016, 07:59 PM

I have been offered so much from this series lately.
It seems that a lot of people think they can pick up a pen and just doodle their way into some money.
Most of them seem to have practiced for about 20 minutes before trying to pass off their junk.

thetruthisoutthere
05-18-2016, 05:11 PM
I have been offered so much from this series lately.
It seems that a lot of people think they can pick up a pen and just doodle their way into some money.
Most of them seem to have practiced for about 20 minutes before trying to pass off their junk.

About a year ago, Mickey Mantle and Roger Maris did a private signing and penned hundreds of reproduced Safe At Home posters.

Ebay seller Rbisportsinc and Ebay seller Ranger191 seem to know the source of that private signing.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mickey-Mantle-Roger-Maris-Autographed-8-X-10-Photo-GFA-Certified-/391460018746?hash=item5b24d5da3a:g:VlYAAOSwcvdXO2z d

RichardSimon
05-19-2016, 08:14 AM
About a year ago, Mickey Mantle and Roger Maris did a private signing and penned hundreds of reproduced Safe At Home posters.

Ebay seller Rbisportsinc and Ebay seller Ranger191 seem to know the source of that private signing.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mickey-Mantle-Roger-Maris-Autographed-8-X-10-Photo-GFA-Certified-/391460018746?hash=item5b24d5da3a:g:VlYAAOSwcvdXO2z d

I would not buy that piece for a buck.

thetruthisoutthere
05-19-2016, 04:04 PM
I would not buy that piece for a buck.

Hundreds of that piece and same-style Mantle/Maris forgeries have been sold during the past year....

All "authenticated" by Rocchi.

rjackson44
05-20-2016, 06:28 AM
Richard and Christopher where are the Feds, don't get it .

RichardSimon
05-20-2016, 07:34 AM
Richard and Christopher where are the Feds, don't get it .

That is a good question, which we don't know the answer to.

thetruthisoutthere
05-22-2016, 04:43 PM
That is a good question, which we don't know the answer to.

We are baffled by the fact that nothing has happened.