PDA

View Full Version : Mark Your Calendars

Exhibitman
05-13-2016, 08:37 PM
Doug Allen has started his prison term. With good behavior he can attend the 2020 National.

Yay.

http://www.sportscollectorsdaily.com/allen-begins-serving-prison-sentence/

Leon
05-14-2016, 11:44 AM
Sad on several levels. I considered him a good guy in the hobby, and a hobby friend, for several years. Guess I was wrong as he did things that were criminal. Hopefully he learns from it.
Four years (which is about what he will probably do) is a long time.

Joshwesley
05-14-2016, 11:58 AM
Over baseball cards.... That's unfarhomable to me..

I love this stuff and I know it's become a big business....I've even made a couple decent sized purchases/investments..... It's still freaking baseball cards.

Sheesh

Leon
05-14-2016, 01:11 PM
Over baseball cards.... That's unfarhomable to me..

I love this stuff and I know it's become a big business....I've even made a couple decent sized purchases/investments..... It's still freaking baseball cards.

Sheesh

It could have been widgets. Baseball cards did nothing as inanimate objects. I think it had to be simple "greed" and then a really, really stupid mistake.

Stonepony
05-14-2016, 01:22 PM
Sad on several levels. I considered him a good guy in the hobby, and a hobby friend, for several years. Guess I was wrong as he did things that were criminal. Hopefully he learns from it.
Four years (which is about what he will probably do) is a long time.

4 years IS a long time.

Brian Van Horn
05-15-2016, 11:22 AM
He should have had more. Got off easy with pleading guilty to one count. I hate the idea the scumbag is a little over 70 miles from where I live and is in the town of my alma mater. It is also the same place the guy who stole my identity was sentenced for 18 months.

Other than that, it's all cool. :rolleyes:

mark evans
05-15-2016, 08:37 PM
It could have been widgets. Baseball cards did nothing as inanimate objects. I think it had to be simple "greed" and then a really, really stupid mistake.

I think this is probably right. A sad state of affairs all the way around.

prestigecollectibles
05-15-2016, 08:58 PM
Yet Coach's Corner is somehow still in business :mad:

jcmtiger
05-15-2016, 09:47 PM
He should have had more. Got off easy with pleading guilty to one count. I hate the idea the scumbag is a little over 70 miles from where I live and is in the town of my alma mater. It is also the same place the guy who stole my identity was sentenced for 18 months.

Other than that, it's all cool. :rolleyes:

I had a neighbor who murdered his wife a stuffed her body in a freezer for 2 years and spent 8 years in prison, so 4 years is a enough.

Joe\