PDA

View Full Version : Postcard beauty pageant, what is your favorite set?

T206Jim
05-13-2016, 04:02 PM
Which of these postcards sets do you think is the most attractive? I have used a Mathewson postcard from the PC796 Sepia, Novelty Cutlery, Max Stein, The Rose Company and Ullman sets as exemplars. I did this because three of them use the same base photo. Do not judge the player or the pose, but the underlying beauty of the postcard set itself. There are numerous other sets I could have included, but consider this OP's prerogative.

Sean
05-13-2016, 04:07 PM
The Max Stein is the best looking of the cards you showed us.

edjs
05-13-2016, 08:52 PM
The Max Stein is the best looking of the cards you showed us.

+1

Bicem
05-14-2016, 01:40 AM
In terms of purely looks I think Novelty, Stein, Sepia, Rose, Ullman in that order.

That being said Rose Co has many other factors that contribute to their desirability. (player selection, difficulty, uniformity, etc)

Leon
05-14-2016, 05:45 AM
my faves along with most others so far... a 1 of 1 :)

http://luckeycards.com/ppc760rosegenericbaseball.jpg

T206Jim
05-14-2016, 06:55 AM
It appears that Rose is clear winner. I like them all; however my favorite is the Ullman set (brown frame, green frame not so much) but that is probably not a surprise given how much of my collection is vintage framed. The Rose is a close second followed by the other three in a tight pack.

I have a framed postcard display with all five of these sets represented and my eye is always drawn to the Ullman and the Rose types. The differentiator for me is the striking color aspect contrasted with the black and white image on the Ullman and to a lesser extent the Rose postcards. This is rather uncommon for Deadball Era postcards.

yanksfan09
05-14-2016, 07:00 AM
I voted Max Stein, but all these PC issues are gorgeous!

BeanTown
05-14-2016, 07:47 AM
Max Stein. The background is always important in photos. Can't go wrong with any of them though.