PDA

View Full Version : Does the internet burn to the ground if this card is made?

mouschi
05-10-2016, 10:40 AM
We know that the card companies keep a keen eye on the forums and hobby trends. I wondered to myself what if this card was made?

http://www.mycollectionofcards.com/baseballcards/051016/frontgeneral.jpg

Each side features one superstar of today, one superstar of yesterday, one legend and one high roller.

I'd TOTALLY grab some popcorn and watch that at auction.

I also made a card showing a bunch of players that are collected hardcore but may not necessarily fit in the card above (aside from Griffey) ... sure to make (fr)enemies out of at least 8 different people.

http://www.mycollectionofcards.com/baseballcards/051016/front2.jpg

Anyway, on an open market, how much do you think the first card I showed goes for at auction if it were real?

mid50sbaseball
05-12-2016, 01:44 PM
very cool cards! I'd like to see an all pitchers one. And I think it'd be cool to have one panel AL and the other NL...how about:

Left panel (NL) - Clayton Kershaw, Greg Maddux, Sandy Koufax, Christy Mathewson
Right panel (AL) - Justin Verlander, Randy Johnson (Mariners), Nolan Ryan (Rangers), Walter Johnson

also along the same lines I'd tweak your first one up there and also make it a bit more generational.

Left Panel (NL) - Bryce Harper, Griffey (CIN), Hank Aaron, Jimmie Fox (CHC)
Right Panel (AL) - Mike Trout, Derek Jeter, Ted Williams, Babe Ruth

I wanted to put Mantle on there but 3 Yankees? meh. Also thought about putting Jackie instead of Hank. Both would be awesome.

mouschi
05-12-2016, 02:21 PM
very cool cards! I'd like to see an all pitchers one. And I think it'd be cool to have one panel AL and the other NL...how about:

Left panel (NL) - Clayton Kershaw, Greg Maddux, Sandy Koufax, Christy Mathewson
Right panel (AL) - Justin Verlander, Randy Johnson (Mariners), Nolan Ryan (Rangers), Walter Johnson

also along the same lines I'd tweak your first one up there and also make it a bit more generational.

Left Panel (NL) - Bryce Harper, Griffey (CIN), Hank Aaron, Jimmie Fox (CHC)
Right Panel (AL) - Mike Trout, Derek Jeter, Ted Williams, Babe Ruth

I wanted to put Mantle on there but 3 Yankees? meh. Also thought about putting Jackie instead of Hank. Both would be awesome.

Great ideas! I'd also like to see some team based ones.