PDA

View Full Version : Jimmie Foxx Signed Postcard Opinions (no longer available)

vthobby
05-09-2016, 03:05 PM
#1 Looking for opinions in this thread on authenticity. My hunch is that it is real but that is just my opinion.

#2 Someone it appears tried to erase or rub off the salutation. My name is Mike which would be really cool if it had not been messed with!

#3 The signature itself is perfect with no smudging and could easily be made into a perfect little "cut"....snip snip.....

#4 PC itself is un-used but is a bit wavy due to age and the way it was stored. No real creases, has some ink spots on the front and back and a pinhole top middle.

Please post opinions in thread.

Postcard is no longer available for offers.

Mike

btcarfagno
05-09-2016, 05:43 PM
Autograph looks really good to me. Beautiful. No idea if the salutation is in his hand though.

Tom C

Duluth Eskimo
05-09-2016, 06:00 PM
It's good. I do t know why someone would try to remove the personalization on this as it's fantastic. Still looks decent either way, but would be much nicer if it was washed out. I wouldn't cut it though

RichardSimon
05-10-2016, 06:30 AM
I have seen glossy HOF postcards where the gloss is rubbed off at the top to make the writing surface easier to write on. Without holding this in hand my guess would be that is the case here. The sig. looks good.

vthobby
05-10-2016, 06:40 AM
I appreciate everyone's comments and thanks Richard for that explanation as it makes sense. Do you think the salutation part is in Jimmie's hand also or do you think it might have been prepped by someone else?

Thanks!

Mike

RichardSimon
05-10-2016, 09:52 AM
I appreciate everyone's comments and thanks Richard for that explanation as it makes sense. Do you think the salutation part is in Jimmie's hand also or do you think it might have been prepped by someone else?

Thanks!

Mike

Looks to me like it was written some time after the sig by someone not named Jimmie Foxx.

vthobby
05-10-2016, 10:16 AM
Looks to me like it was written some time after the sig by someone not named Jimmie Foxx.

thanks and last question as to try and maximize this items potential.

Would it make sense to just leave this "as is" with the smudging and other writing or just "cut" the Foxx sig.

If it was all in Foxx's hand I would definitely just keep it as is but since the Foxx is so clean......

your thoughts?

Thanks in advance, Mike

btcarfagno
05-10-2016, 10:43 AM
thanks and last question as to try and maximize this items potential.

Would it make sense to just leave this "as is" with the smudging and other writing or just "cut" the Foxx sig.

If it was all in Foxx's hand I would definitely just keep it as is but since the Foxx is so clean......

your thoughts?

Thanks in advance, Mike

To me the background would look a bit odd if you cut it. If he had signed it on a blank part of the picture it would be an easier decision. But if you cut it you will have a piece of his leg in the background. It would look a bit off to me, and even with the smudging and possibility that he didn't write the salutation, I would rather have the whole thing. That may just be me though.

Tom C

RichardSimon
05-10-2016, 11:20 AM
To me the background would look a bit odd if you cut it. If he had signed it on a blank part of the picture it would be an easier decision. But if you cut it you will have a piece of his leg in the background. It would look a bit off to me, and even with the smudging and possibility that he didn't write the salutation, I would rather have the whole thing. That may just be me though.

Tom C

+1 absolutely

vthobby
05-10-2016, 07:13 PM
Thank you all for your opinions and advice. I will leave it "as is" and let the buyer decide. Or I may even decide to keep it since my name is Mike! :)

No longer available, thanks!

Mike