PDA

View Full Version : crap. it happened again...

begsu1013
05-08-2016, 06:59 PM

Leon
05-08-2016, 07:03 PM
LMAO...I have spent countless hours getting sucked into threads. And it's even worse if you get sucked in from a link that goes back for years and years. Reading the old stuff can be fascinating...then all of the sudden you just lost 20-30 minutes of your life. :eek:

ps..might only be 298M

begsu1013
05-08-2016, 07:05 PM

deadballfreaK
05-08-2016, 07:06 PM
I had about six auctions ending last night I was gearing up to snipe. Then I had a few beers and put on Stevie Ray Vaughan's "Little Wing". Next thing I know all my auctions have ended and I'm first loser in all of them. I sure enjoyed the beer and the blues though!

begsu1013
05-08-2016, 07:09 PM

deadballfreaK
05-08-2016, 07:21 PM
I'd never kick your dog. I love 'em. I woke up pretty groggy this morning with someone licking my face and pretty sure it was my dog and not my wife!

pokerplyr80
05-08-2016, 11:42 PM
I've never used a sniping service, and miss the end of ebay auctions all of the time. Usually because I get tied up at work, or I just forget. I actually can't remember the last ebay auction I've won, even when I remember the end. Maybe I will sign up for one of those sniping services. They do seem to be popular from other comments and threads I've read.

Peter_Spaeth
05-09-2016, 06:37 AM
It's been said many times, but IMO sniping is by far the most sensible approach to ebay bidding.

Joshchisox08
05-09-2016, 06:39 AM
I had about six auctions ending last night I was gearing up to snipe. Then I had a few beers and put on Stevie Ray Vaughan's "Little Wing". Next thing I know all my auctions have ended and I'm first loser in all of them. I sure enjoyed the beer and the blues though!

It happens to the best of us! Damn Stevie ;)

edjs
05-09-2016, 11:03 AM
I was set to get a card last night, watching intently for about an hour. My wife came home from the grocery store, I carried in the groceries, and the auction ended. No beer, no Stevie Ray Vaughn, just carried in groceries. At least you have a better story. :(

pokerplyr80
05-09-2016, 11:09 AM
It's been said many times, but IMO sniping is by far the most sensible approach to ebay bidding.

I do use the sniping strategy but have always done it the old fashioned way, placing a bid with a few seconds left. As often as I forget a sniping service does seem to make sense though.

Peter_Spaeth
05-09-2016, 11:16 AM
I do use the sniping strategy but have always done it the old fashioned way, placing a bid with a few seconds left. As often as I forget a sniping service does seem to make sense though.

Maybe it feels like you have less control? I don't know, but it's just so much easier to tee up a snipe and not have to worry about when the auction is ending. Justsnipe works perfectly in my experience.

begsu1013
05-09-2016, 12:30 PM

ValKehl
05-09-2016, 09:23 PM

+1. I keep intending to sign up with a sniping service, but I'm a great procrastinator, as my wife will attest!

ullmandds
05-09-2016, 09:28 PM
i snipe for my calculated purchases...whereas I bid manually usually with my impulsive ones.

Leon
05-12-2016, 05:51 AM
i snipe for my calculated purchases...whereas I bid manually usually with my impulsive ones.

When I really want to win something I manually bid AND snipe!! You can never be too careful.

Stonepony
05-12-2016, 06:11 AM
When I really want to win something I manually bid AND snipe!! You can never be too careful.

I've thought about that.... but don't both bids register and you end up bidding yourself up?

Leon
05-12-2016, 06:45 AM
No, what I use, gavelsnipe (and I assume other s/w) won't let you bid yourself up. I have placed manual bids many times and my snipe already won without the manual bid taking its place (or vice versa). Not sure how the systems know but I have never bid myself up before.

I've thought about that.... but don't both bids register and you end up bidding yourself up?

TheNightmanCometh
05-12-2016, 05:35 PM
How can you bid yourself up? The snipe service is using your account to make a bid. I figure it would be like bidding X amount for an item and then going back and putting in more so your max bid is higher.

clydepepper
05-12-2016, 07:46 PM
I've never used a sniping service myself as I don't even understand the concept. I'm happy with just watching the auction end and putting in my high bid with about 5-6 seconds left. Sometimes I forget and sometimes I don't win even when I remember...but, I'm okay with that.

Reading this thread kind of caught me off guard as the comments a very pro-snipe while previous snipe threads I have read were full of upset folks who had been snipped.

Anyway, ignorance is bliss...so, I'll just keep on doing it manually.

Leon
05-13-2016, 06:18 AM
I haven't been snipped and I plan on keeping it that way. Coincidentally I did something I almost never do last night. I bet people will think it was a shill but it was just me being a bonehead and having fun...AND I had a snipe set too but it was too late to go back and raise it!! I think that might be how record prices happen. :eek:

http://offer.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewBids&item=351723129390&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2565

I've never used a sniping service myself as I don't even understand the concept. I'm happy with just watching the auction end and putting in my high bid with about 5-6 seconds left. Sometimes I forget and sometimes I don't win even when I remember...but, I'm okay with that.

Reading this thread kind of caught me off guard as the comments a very pro-snipe while previous snipe threads I have read were full of upset folks who had been snipped.

Anyway, ignorance is bliss...so, I'll just keep on doing it manually.