PDA

View Full Version : Hockey card info needed.

irv
05-07-2016, 04:30 PM
Just going through some old hockey cards I long forgot about so I decided to scan some to have on file.

Can anyone tell me anything about the Canada/Russia series cards? I assume they were an insert?

Being as I only collect baseball nowadays, are these and the other cards worth anything much?

boysblue
05-08-2016, 06:45 PM
Yessir, the three Team Canada cards are/were part of an insert set that was included along with OPC hockey in 1972-73. The full 28 card set has a book value in the $300 neighbourhood I believe, though sets can easily be picked up for much lees on ebay. If those are the only three you have then you have three of the least valuable cards in the entire set.

Some of the other cards you have pictured are more desirable, but the condition is obviously going to impact their value considerably. The Tony Esposito is his OPC rookie card with a BV of $150. The Howe card on the right is the more valuable of his two. BV is around $50 I think. The Orr card has a BV of around $80. The Yzerman card is his rookie card and if it is OPC then BV is $80 or $100. The Bure rookie card only a couple of dollars.

Hope that helps.

irv
05-09-2016, 03:50 AM
Yessir, the three Team Canada cards are/were part of an insert set that was included along with OPC hockey in 1972-73. The full 28 card set has a book value in the $300 neighbourhood I believe, though sets can easily be picked up for much lees on ebay. If those are the only three you have then you have three of the least valuable cards in the entire set.

Some of the other cards you have pictured are more desirable, but the condition is obviously going to impact their value considerably. The Tony Esposito is his OPC rookie card with a BV of $150. The Howe card on the right is the more valuable of his two. BV is around $50 I think. The Orr card has a BV of around $80. The Yzerman card is his rookie card and if it is OPC then BV is $80 or $100. The Bure rookie card only a couple of dollars.

Hope that helps.

Thanks for the info, boysblue.

I did some searching and was able to locate all the cards on the net. My Yzerman and Bure are in the best condition and exactly as you said, the Bure is practically worthless.

Still deciding what to do with them? I may try the B/S/T section and see what happens or try a hockey specific site if I can find one?