PDA

View Full Version : Wayne Gretzky rookie SGC might crossover to PSA 9

sushihotwings
05-02-2016, 02:00 PM
Pretty amazing to see the O Pee Chee Gretzky rookies really take off in recent months, but not a huge surprise given his record shattering career. There is an O Pee Chee Gretzky rookie in the Mile High auction that is an SGC 96 that looks like it could crossover to PSA 9 if reviewed. I previously owned this card and always thought it might crossover if someone had interest in doing that. Take a look for yourself. I am surprised it is not garnering more interest.

http://www.milehighcardco.com/1979_80_O_Pee_Chee__18_Wayne_Gretzky_SGC_96_MINT_9-LOT43333.aspx

Duluth Eskimo
05-02-2016, 02:40 PM
Or you could just say, please bid on this card.

sushihotwings
05-02-2016, 03:07 PM
There has been a lot of discussion on the vintage thread about SGC versus PSA grading and what kind of prices similar cards fetch. It seems it may carry over to hockey as well if this auction doesn't pick up steam. I recently sold a PSA 9 Gretzky o pee chee rookie on EBay that netted just over 23k. This one is every bit as nice in my opinion. Some of that may depend upon how much a collector appreciates a rough cut edge which this issue is known for if you don't want a factory cut card.

D@v!d L@mont

Peter_Spaeth
05-02-2016, 04:51 PM
Or you could just say, please bid on this card.

He did say he is the previous owner. I hope he is not actually the consignor.

begsu1013
05-02-2016, 11:26 PM
i am the owner.

please lay off david.

he's good people.

irv
05-06-2016, 08:01 AM
i am the owner.

please lay off david.

he's good people.

Your card is doing well, Begsu.

A local card shop, (the one and only) has a Beckett graded 6 Gretzky that I'd like to own but the owner wants $600.00 for it.

No idea if that is high or not, and considering it is in CDN dollars, I simply can't afford it.

See many, and I mean many, at the latest Toronto Card Expo but all were way out of my league.

Good luck with the sale.