PDA

View Full Version : 1923 Daily Scorecard/Poster with Baseball Box Scores - Info Needed

ATP
04-29-2016, 02:00 PM
Hello All,
I rarely do anything advertising related, but hoping to tap some expertise regarding any information on this item. I got it while in Ohio earlier this month. It's a poster/sign on thick paper measuring approximately 18 x 15 inches. It has the scores and some highlights for the games of September 16, 1923, as well as other sporting events and local advertising. It's from Dayton, OH, I always imagined it would have been something maybe a newspaper stand would post so when people walk by they could see the scores from the prior day, or maybe something that would be posted daily in a bar (or at the baseball stadium?). I really couldn't find much to compare it to. I am interested in knowing any insight into what exactly it is I have. Thanks for taking the time to look. Jeff

ATP
05-06-2016, 07:33 PM
Bump just to see if anyone may have info on this. I know it's probably not a huge value item but I haven't seen one like it before and really would enjoy just knowing more about what it is exactly. Thank you. Jeff

bgar3
05-06-2016, 07:45 PM
Many years ago I had about 20 similar ones, red and black printing, racing and baseball results and advertising, from the Hot Springs area. I believe the time period was about 1920.

ramram
05-09-2016, 11:21 AM
I thought I might have heard in the past that these were used to put out results for the betting world, legal and illegal. Probably posted in bars, etc.

Rob M.

ATP
05-09-2016, 12:10 PM
Thanks for the response guys. I kind of thought it would be something like that too, I could see it being posted in a bar or store, etc. Thanks again. Jeff

Jay Wolt
05-09-2016, 12:32 PM
I have a similar item from 1914 which includes the Federal League

http://www.qualitycards.com/ebay/mack'sscorecard.jpg