PDA

View Full Version : Price estimate?

GrayGhost
04-29-2016, 01:41 PM
As a lot of you know, things are not going well for me. I DO NOT want to sell this awesome piece, as its one of the only things I have for myself, but am curious what everyone would think is fair if I sell it. Don't want to lose money, or be low balled much if I have to.

GREAT Playing era Mantle, plus Hartnett, Durocher, Minoso, Billy Williams and many more, and BILL ECKERT, who is a fairly tough sig. He is lighter on cover, but looks much better than this picture.

Thanks all my friends on this great board, and please send good thoughts.

Scott

btcarfagno
04-29-2016, 04:37 PM
Beautiful clear Mantle on that.

I would venture a guess of $250-300. Multi signed programs don't tend to do very well. Less than the sum of their parts for sure. Especially on a back cover. That said, the Mantle is tremendous and is certainly more desirable than one he signed in the 1989s or 90s.

Tom C

Duluth Eskimo
04-29-2016, 09:51 PM
You also have football HOFer Bill George.

Huck
05-03-2016, 09:38 AM
Beautiful clear Mantle on that.

I would venture a guess of $250-300. Multi signed programs don't tend to do very well. Less than the sum of their parts for sure. Especially on a back cover. That said, the Mantle is tremendous and is certainly more desirable than one he signed in the 1989s or 90s.

Tom C

I would agree with Tom's estimate and opinion on multi-signed items. I don't understand why the Mantle signature is better/stronger than how Mantle signed in the 89s or 90s? I have a few in person Mantle autographs and the signatures look the same, perhaps a higher tilt of the M's in the program signature. What detracts from this Mantle is the other signature that runs into it.

GrayGhost
05-03-2016, 10:17 AM
I would agree with Tom's estimate and opinion on multi-signed items. I don't understand why the Mantle signature is better/stronger than how Mantle signed in the 89s or 90s? I have a few in person Mantle autographs and the signatures look the same, perhaps a higher tilt of the M's in the program signature. What detracts from this Mantle is the other signature that runs into it.

The Beckert doesn't do more than "touch the mantle". The only difference is that many folks prefer the "Playing era" signatures, which were by nature fewer in number, than the Assembly line card show. Still, Mickey had such a great autograph regardless

Huck
05-03-2016, 04:21 PM
The Beckert doesn't do more than "touch the mantle". The only difference is that many folks prefer the "Playing era" signatures, which were by nature fewer in number, than the Assembly line card show. Still, Mickey had such a great autograph regardless

Hmm, I have never given "playing era signatures" much thought. I am sure there are folk that collect that specific niche. Such signatures on pieces might be hard to prove/date. I am not questioning whether the signatures on the program are playing era but I have a handful of 1961 Union Oil The Dodger Family booklets that were signed long after the signees respective playing era. At best the signatures on the item could be used as cuts or just left as is. I think the value would be higher, if Mantle had signed the front of the piece.