PDA

View Full Version : Latest Grey Flannel--JSA has lost its mind

David Atkatz
04-26-2016, 02:16 PM
Upcoming Grey Flannel auction. It seems that JSA says this Gehrig is real.

http://greyflannelauctions.com/Lou_Gehrig___Babe_Dahlgren_Dual_Autographed_Black_-LOT36562.aspx

prewarsports
04-26-2016, 02:22 PM
Maybe they are authenticating it as signed "Lou Gehrig" in the hand of Leo Durocher :) looks more like Leo's handwriting than Gehrig's!

Klrdds
04-26-2016, 03:47 PM
I agree that it looks nothing like Gehrig's signature but looks Leo's writing.
Shame on you JSA!!!

doug.goodman
04-26-2016, 04:42 PM
Maybe they are authenticating it as signed "Lou Gehrig" in the hand of Leo Durocher :) looks more like Leo's handwriting than Gehrig's!

From the auction :
"Both Gehrig and Dahlgren signed the photo in a black fountain pen and in our opinion, rates a 8-9 overall"

ibuysportsephemera
04-26-2016, 05:14 PM
The auction description says "This photo is sourced from the Durocher estate and is accompanied by a JSA LOA which states that the Gehrig autograph is of the secretarial variety making this more of a nice display piece than anything else".

Jeff

David Atkatz
04-26-2016, 05:17 PM
The auction description says "This photo is sourced from the Durocher estate and is accompanied by a JSA LOA which states that the Gehrig autograph is of the secretarial variety making this more of a nice display piece than anything else".

JeffGee... You could say I should have read further, but...
I guess I was thrown off by the absolutely unambiguous statement that "Both Gehrig and Dahlgren signed the photo."

Silly me.

thetruthisoutthere
04-26-2016, 05:24 PM
Gee... You could say I should have read further, but...
I guess I was thrown off by the absolutely unambiguous statement that "Both Gehrig and Dahlgren signed the photo."

Silly me.

David, maybe you should "Cease & Desist" before you go any further...:)

Klrdds
04-26-2016, 06:35 PM
I apologize for not reading further . If some of us have done it I wonder if a bidder will do it also and place a bid .

prewarsports
04-26-2016, 09:43 PM
I am 100% sure that the last line was not there when this lot was originally pointed out on this forum. It was either added later as a coincidence or because it was in error that was brought to the auction houses attention.

doug.goodman
04-26-2016, 11:16 PM

It didn't say that when I posted my quote. They removed the words "Both Gehrig and Dahlgren" and added a capital to "Signed", which doesn't make for the best sentence...

"Signed the photo in a black fountain pen and in our opinion, rates a 8-9 overall."

packs
04-27-2016, 07:09 AM
There isn't a photo of the cert for you to read if they didn't include that information in the description.

MikeKam
04-27-2016, 08:45 AM
Considering it is still only in preview mode, I think it is fair to allow for edits. I know other auction companies such as Heritage do the same thing where they basically just post pictures.