PDA

View Full Version : Could this guy be a 19th century baseball player?

Kzoo
04-23-2016, 06:49 PM
Guys..........This belongs to an older friend of mine and we were wondering if the guy in this early cabinet photo might be a baseball player? The initials on his shirt had us thinking he was on some sort of team. I wish there were more clues in his attire, so that's why I'm looking for more opinions from the 19th century experts. Thanks in advance......Matt

Leon
04-24-2016, 05:36 PM
I am not a photo expert but have seen quite a few 19th century photos of ballplayers. It looks like a baseball player but without some other provenance or by finding the team with the initials, it would be a guess by anyone. My gut tells me it's more than, how much more I don't know, 50% chance but that is all I am going on it :).

shernan30
04-25-2016, 08:11 AM
After looking at the Wooster, Ohio on the photo I dug into who was from that area. Wooster is a smaller town so most ball players are from that town. I found a person with a very close resembalance, Harry DeMiller. Here is a like to his Baseball-Reference (http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/d/demilha01.shtml) profile.

Try to do a little more research on DeMiller to link him to a team with the DN initials. Good luck. I hope this helps.