PDA

View Full Version : Lou Gehrig Signed Baseball Opinions Please

scyrkin
04-23-2016, 01:53 AM
If you know Lou Gehrig autographs, I'd appreciate your opinion on this ball please.

Thanks

khkco4bls
04-23-2016, 07:46 AM
To me it looks like one of those aged facsimile balls

daves_resale_shop
04-23-2016, 07:58 AM
I'm not a fan of this one...

Signature appears larger than it should be... The "u" is also complete, and it typically appears as an undotted "I" . Also something wonky going on over by the "rig"

I'd stay away...

scyrkin
04-23-2016, 12:18 PM
Thanks, Kevin.

scyrkin
04-23-2016, 12:23 PM
I'm not a fan of this one...

Signature appears larger than it should be... The "u" is also complete, and it typically appears as an undotted "I" . Also something wonky going on over by the "rig"

I'd stay away...
Thanks for the input, Dave. I don't think the ball is on the market right now.

I'm getting input for a project I'm working on. I run Autograph Live (http://live.autographmagazine.com) and there are more vintage baseball collectors here than on our site.

Duluth Eskimo
04-23-2016, 02:08 PM

That's the first that popped in to my mind initially. The last part of Gehrig is a mess, but I also don't like the formation of letters in the ehrig part of last name.

btcarfagno
04-23-2016, 04:55 PM
Looks a bit like a CC special to me. Certainly the ball and the "aging" do anyway. The signature is a bit better than those jagoffs produce. Not by much though.

Tom C

joed25
04-24-2016, 08:03 PM
It is a forgery. Btw I once paid for a full year for your magazine and I got only two issues.

scyrkin
04-25-2016, 05:04 PM
It is a forgery. Btw I once paid for a full year for your magazine and I got only two issues.
I'm very sorry about that, Joed25. The company tried but couldn't survive with all the changes in magazines, dealers and the economy. I plan to launch a full online version in the next year, and subscribers with issues remaining will get it for no cost.

Have you been to Autograph Live (http://live.autographmagazine.com)? You can get more information and advice there than we offered in the magazine, and connect with some great collectors.

Thanks for your opinion on the Gehrig ball. I really appreciate it.

scyrkin
04-25-2016, 05:05 PM
Looks a bit like a CC special to me. Certainly the ball and the "aging" do anyway. The signature is a bit better than those jagoffs produce. Not by much though.

Tom C

Thanks for your input, Tom.

David Atkatz
04-26-2016, 11:07 AM
A very poor forgery.

scyrkin
04-26-2016, 07:39 PM
A very poor forgery.
Thanks, David