PDA

View Full Version : Help me pick a baseball team to use for my project

Tripredacus
04-20-2016, 07:42 PM
I am asking for people to name a baseball team, any baseball team, that existed between 1912 and 1932. Here are some requirements:
- have existed for at least 20-25 years using that name
- has rosters and stats available for research (like baseball-reference.com)
- isn't a team I picked already (see below)
- can be a minor or independent league team
- has had players that I've heard of

Some background. I have been working on redoing a DOS baseball game that I've been playing for over 20 years. I am changing it so that it has all current MLB teams as well as a bunch of defunct franchises. The division they are in holds 16 teams. I have 16 teams now but I am having second thoughts about 1 because the current projected roster will only have 1 player. BAD!

BUT, I may yet keep that team. I am just undecided. The team I want to replace is the Brooklyn Robins.

For the project, I am considering teams with multiple instances to be the same team. For example, minor league Miami Marlins and current as the same thing. Old Baltimore Orioles and Milwaukee Brewers and current as the same.
Here are the teams I already have, not including current MLB teams:

Anaheim Angels
Boston Braves
Brooklyn Dodgers
Brooklyn Robins
Buffalo Bisons
California Angels
Durham Bulls
Florida Marlins
Kansas City Athletics
Los Angeles Angels
Milwaukee Braves
Montreal Expos
Montreal Royals
New York Giants
Philadelphia Athletics
St. Louis Browns
Tampa Bay Devil Rays
Washington Senators

Here is picture of the divisional lineup. Unfortunately, too much work has been done already so re-ordering the teams is not an option, so that is why I chose that year range.
http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k63/Tripredacus/screens/mlm_test_zpsoq0cnz0j.jpg

Or maybe I should stick with the Brooklyn Robins? Either way, it could just be a fun trivia. :)

KCRfan1
04-20-2016, 08:43 PM
Here's a fun one! The Hollywood Stars were a minor league team that existed 1926 -1957. They were owned by a pool of celebrities rather than just one or two people.

pariah1107
04-21-2016, 08:41 AM
I always wanted to do this with the 1927 San Francisco Seals; solid HOF Earl Averill and Major Leaguers Roy Johnson, Lefty O'Doul, Ping Bodie, and Jack Sheehan. A creative person could have a lot of fun with Smead Jolley's comically bad defense, once committed three errors on a single play in the outfield. And, one of my favorite obscure semi-pro hurlers Lester "Stump" Ferguson, One tough SOB, Ferguson's family founded the Ellensburg Rodeo in 1923 and Stump was quite the horse trainer/jockey. A little under 5 feet tall, Stump had a decent minor league career as pitcher with the San Francisco Seals, and Denver Bears. Have fun.

Tripredacus
05-27-2016, 04:03 PM
I wanted to update this thread. I have ended up choosing the Indianapolis Indians. Still have a lot of work to do yet.