PDA

View Full Version : Interesting read

pokerplyr80
04-15-2016, 09:34 PM
This is an actual description for one of the fake 52 Mantles up on ebay, copied and pasted. I got a headache trying to read the whole thing.

"I really hate to put this on the suction block but I need money for oxigen consentrater this has all the makings of a real deal has that 63 year old faded color to it probably needs to be sent to PSA for in deal tail gradeing but what the hell I csnt get people to buy any high dallor card look what's om EBAY $10,000 to $300,000 topps Mickey mantles there flooding the matket pricing there self rights out of the hobby I seen it in the 80's I always like to give no us cards away why because I have so damm Minnie commons you remember commons that's when you buy all those damm wax pack trade the stars then you end up with 1,000.000,000 commons that you csnt get rid of you what they call eaten any how this is a nice 63 year old mantle just the way you won't it faded rounded corners and that where the hell did I get this if you got kids you know what om talking about every 5minuted dad give me 5 or 20 you know take them to toys are us you know what the hell I've put up with for the last 25 years my youngest who is know 35 any how this would on my book a buyer and put away and keeper thanks for looking wes."

KCRfan1
04-15-2016, 09:57 PM
And breathe.....

TheNightmanCometh
04-16-2016, 12:51 AM
This is an actual description for one of the fake 52 Mantles up on ebay, copied and pasted. I got a headache trying to read the whole thing.

"I really hate to put this on the suction block but I need money for oxigen consentrater this has all the makings of a real deal has that 63 year old faded color to it probably needs to be sent to PSA for in deal tail gradeing but what the hell I csnt get people to buy any high dallor card look what's om EBAY $10,000 to $300,000 topps Mickey mantles there flooding the matket pricing there self rights out of the hobby I seen it in the 80's I always like to give no us cards away why because I have so damm Minnie commons you remember commons that's when you buy all those damm wax pack trade the stars then you end up with 1,000.000,000 commons that you csnt get rid of you what they call eaten any how this is a nice 63 year old mantle just the way you won't it faded rounded corners and that where the hell did I get this if you got kids you know what om talking about every 5minuted dad give me 5 or 20 you know take them to toys are us you know what the hell I've put up with for the last 25 years my youngest who is know 35 any how this would on my book a buyer and put away and keeper thanks for looking wes."

I wonder if it's the same seller...

http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?p=1528137#post1528137

Peter_Spaeth
04-16-2016, 02:52 PM
The suction block can be a tough place.

ajquigs
04-16-2016, 04:50 PM
Thsnks for the heads2up Jesse. I no it si counter fit but perfct what I been looking for weve been thru so much this psssed year overrun by commons snd other hard ships specially lately that I should of traded for that 58 year old set when I hsd the chanced but did not & nead to except it and move on with thia csrd of a grest Yankee even thou unreal and more that can be afford.

pokerplyr80
04-16-2016, 05:13 PM
Thsnks for the heads2up Jesse. I no it si counter fit but perfct what I been looking for weve been thru so much this psssed year overrun by commons snd other hard ships specially lately that I should of traded for that 58 year old set when I hsd the chanced but did not & nead to except and move on with thia csrd of a grest Yankee even thou unreal and more that can be afford.

So this is your listing? That's quite the description. If you know it's a reprint you should probably mention that when you relist it.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mickey-Mantle-Topps-1952-topps-311-63-years-old-fading-bad-corners-rookie-maybe-/272206050189?hash=item3f60beb38d%3Ag%3AOnkAAOSwAvJ XCPdQ&nma=true&si=Et4ly8hktLR2rOEKnazyBErG3Hg%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

ooo-ribay
04-16-2016, 06:58 PM
So this is your listing? That's quite the description. If you know it's a reprint you should probably mention that when you relist it.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mickey-Mantle-Topps-1952-topps-311-63-years-old-fading-bad-corners-rookie-maybe-/272206050189?hash=item3f60beb38d%3Ag%3AOnkAAOSwAvJ XCPdQ&nma=true&si=Et4ly8hktLR2rOEKnazyBErG3Hg%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

I think ajquigs post was a parody of the ebay posting. But I have a headache from reading both, so I could be wrong.

vintagebaseballcardguy
04-16-2016, 07:17 PM
The suction block can be a tough place.
I was thinking it sounded like a painful yet awkward kind of place.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

pokerplyr80
04-16-2016, 07:19 PM
I think ajquigs post was a parody of the ebay posting. But I have a headache from reading both, so I could be wrong.

That makes more sense. Hard to imagine that guy being a net54 member but you never know. If that's true it was well done as it sounded just like the original post to me.

Volod
04-16-2016, 08:48 PM
That makes more sense. Hard to imagine that guy being a net54 member but you never know. If that's true it was well done as it sounded just like the original post to me.

Andy's other forum posts are literate, so it must have been satirical. In any case, you have much more intestinal fortitude than I would need to get past the first couple of butchered sentences in that item description.;)