PDA

View Full Version : AH Rules Question

Edwolf1963
04-14-2016, 10:39 PM
In an auction where the rules state you need to bid at least once before extended bidding starts, if I was the only bidder - how did I get outbid in the extended bidding period?

Update: Never mind - my bad .. rules state you can bid on any lot in the extended period as long as you bid on at least one item.

Beastmode
04-14-2016, 11:03 PM
Extended bidding is the most asinine and time-suck auction method in existence. Hard to fathom AH's are still doing this. But hey, shilling is an accepted practice in Texas, so who am I to say.

Edwolf1963
04-14-2016, 11:10 PM
Thanks John, it is what it is - I misread. Most don't allow you to bid on a lot you didn't bid on prior to extended period. This one does .. and they do note you can bid on any lot during extended as long as you have a bid on at least one.

I think I just got caught up in the WTF moment :eek: when I saw I got outbid late tonight on a lot I had been the only previous bidder on.

Jason
04-15-2016, 06:16 AM
Im with you on this one. I believe if you have the only bid in you should win at extended bidding time. But I know they do it to allow underbidders on other lots to redirect there budget to another card.