PDA

View Full Version : Am I Out Of Luck ...

ChiSoxFan
04-07-2016, 09:53 AM
I recently bought this T206 (http://www.ebay.com/itm/172136634402) off of eBay. The seller mailed the card using USPS tracking, but not insured. Here are the five most recent scans that show up on the USPS web site regarding the tracking number:

DATE & TIME: March 26, 2016 , 11:36 am
STATUS OF ITEM: Business Closed

Your item is being held at the Post Office in GREENFIELD, IN 46140 on March 26, 2016 at 11:36 am because the business was closed. The item will be delivered the next delivery day that the business is open. If this item is unclaimed after 15 days then it will be returned to the sender.

DATE & TIME: March 26, 2016 , 8:57 am
STATUS OF ITEM: Business Closed

DATE & TIME: March 26, 2016 , 8:06 am
STATUS OF ITEM: Out for Delivery

DATE & TIME: March 26, 2016 , 7:56 am
STATUS OF ITEM: Sorting Complete

DATE & TIME: March 26, 2016 , 4:53 am
STATUS OF ITEM: Arrived at Post Office

Needless to say, the card made it to the post office and was attempted to be delivered, but my work place (Business Closed) is closed on Saturday's. As a side note, I have all my cards shipped to my work place. It has been almost two weeks since the first (and only) delivery attempt, and the card has not been delivered. I have made about 6 trips to the post office to see if the card has showed up or any updated status, with no luck. For some reason they have a picture of the package, which they showed me, just not the actual package. The usual mail carrier has also checked with other business within the area to see if it was accidentally delivered there, with no luck on that.

I have contacted the seller of the card (through eBay) letting them know what was going, just in case the card ended up being sent back to them. Expressing to them that I am still wanting the card.

As a last resort, I plan on visiting the local "brick and mortar" card shop tomorrow (April 8) to see if maybe someone took the package and is trying to sell the card to them.

Guessing that since there was no insurance on the package, I can't file a claim for undelivered mail, even though the track number shows the package was never delivered, and that I'm out the cost of the card plus shipping.

Thanks,
James

sbfinley
04-07-2016, 10:01 AM
I I can't file a claim for undelivered mail, even though the track number shows the package was never delivered

Why?

Joshchisox08
04-07-2016, 10:06 AM
Did you call your post office?

Have you talked to the seller?

vintagetoppsguy
04-07-2016, 10:11 AM
Why?

Agreed. Why?

If the seller can't show proof of delivery, he loses the case - the insurance protects him, not you. Had he purchased insurance and the card were to remain lost, he would be reimbursed by the USPS. Unfortunately, he didn't. That's on him, not you. Now, he loses his case and the money for the card.

jfkheat
04-07-2016, 10:13 AM
Did you call your post office?

Needless to say, the card made it to the post office and was attempted to be delivered, but my work place (Business Closed) is closed on Saturday's. As a side note, I have all my cards shipped to my work place. It has been almost two weeks since the first (and only) delivery attempt, and the card has not been delivered. I have made about 6 trips to the post office to see if the card has showed up or any updated status, with no luck. For some reason they have a picture of the package, which they showed me, just not the actual package. The usual mail carrier has also checked with other business within the area to see if it was accidentally delivered there, with no luck on that.

Have you talked to the seller?

I have contacted the seller of the card (through eBay) letting them know what was going, just in case the card ended up being sent back to them. Expressing to them that I am still wanting the card..

Pilot172000
04-07-2016, 10:14 AM
Call your post office. I am not above driving over there on my lunch break if I know I got a card there.

glchen
04-07-2016, 10:49 AM
Right, as others have said, if the package tracking does not show delivered, you will win your case on ebay.

savedfrommyspokes
04-07-2016, 11:32 AM
If the card (and not the claim through ebay) is what you are seeking, encourage the seller to open a case with the USPS.

D. Bergin
04-07-2016, 03:40 PM
If it was a Saturday, good chance it was a cover driver of the route, and he just kicked it back into the system as undeliverable. Might be on it's way back to the seller right now.

Could also be sitting around in the back of a rarely used delivery vehicle waiting for somebody to stumble upon it.

buymycards
04-07-2016, 04:14 PM
Go back to the PO. Don't talk to a clerk. Don't talk to a supervisor. Talk to the Postmaster. Tell him/her that this item is in his PO and that you expect him to produce it. Have him talk to the carrier who made the scan and tell him that you want the carrier to reimburse you for the cost of the card plus the shipping.
Tell him that you don't want to file an insurance claim and that you want the package, not the insurance. Be civil, but be firm.

Rick

Zach Wheat
04-08-2016, 06:54 AM
Agreed. Why?

If the seller can't show proof of delivery, he loses the case - the insurance protects him, not you. Had he purchased insurance and the card were to remain lost, he would be reimbursed by the USPS. Unfortunately, he didn't. That's on him, not you. Now, he loses his case and the money for the card.

Agreed with the previous posters...you will win a claim if filed with eBay. However, make sure to document what you have done on your end ie through eBay messages - not that it would necessarily be needed. Sounds like you have done everything a buyer can reasonably be expected to do.

Z

ChiSoxFan
04-08-2016, 11:41 AM
Thanks for all the input, have filed a claim with eBay (my first one). Now it's just wait and see.

Thanks,
James

TheNightmanCometh
04-08-2016, 12:04 PM
Is it just sitting at the post office? If it's just sitting there, why wouldn't you just go and pick it up?

jfkheat
04-08-2016, 12:07 PM
Do people bother to read the posts before asking questions of making statements?

I have made about 6 trips to the post office to see if the card has showed up or any updated status, with no luck.

TheNightmanCometh
04-08-2016, 04:13 PM
Do people bother to read the posts before asking questions of making statements?

I have made about 6 trips to the post office to see if the card has showed up or any updated status, with no luck.

Maybe some of us don't have time to read through it and was trying to help. You don't have to be a dick about it.