PDA

View Full Version : Purposely outing an auction from PWCC

Joshchisox08
04-06-2016, 06:50 PM
http://www.ebay.com/itm/1909-11-T206-James-LaFitte-SOUTHERN-LEAGUER-PSA-3-VG-PWCC-/401096067237?hash=item5d633048a5:g:k9cAAOSwGYVW-AR1

Buttttttttttttttttt really wellllll over $70 for a mistake by PSA. :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

xplainer
04-06-2016, 07:06 PM
76 now.
Josh, perhaps PSA mistakes has a market too. Like names top/bottom, ghost images and other odd prints. The wrong name and back leads me to believe, that who ever submitted it, knew when it came back, it was wrong. Trying to cash in on it now. Not that there's anything wrong with that (Seinfeld).

I always check. And this would not be hard to spot.

bnorth
04-06-2016, 07:10 PM
76 now.
Josh, perhaps PSA mistakes has a market too. Like names top/bottom, ghost images and other odd prints. The wrong name and back leads me to believe, that who ever submitted it, knew when it came back, it was wrong. Trying to cash in on it now. Not that there's anything wrong with that (Seinfeld).

I always check. And this would not be hard to spot.

I have a few PSA mistakes just because they are mistakes. I still need one with a completely wrong card like that in it but am cheap so will wait for a different one.

tab
04-06-2016, 08:28 PM
There are other t206 PSA mistakes up on ebay right now. It would big me to have one mislabeled. Wonder if they would correct them for free? I'm sure they wouldn't cover shipping either way.

swarmee
04-06-2016, 08:35 PM
They will correct them for free and pay shipping both ways. Or at least they'll send you a grading voucher to send it to them, which should cover priority mail shipping.
I know this applies to "Mechanical Errors" for submitters, and believe it to be true for all owners of PSA cards. You should email them in advance at info@psacard.com to make sure though.

04-06-2016, 09:44 PM
When PSA labeled Heinie as Honus: http://m.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=114399

Joshchisox08
04-07-2016, 05:21 AM
$76

What really bothers me is that nowhere in the description was it mentioned that PSA made a mistake. Ed Killian isn't even a SL player.

I've seen these before and avoided them like the plague. I've never seen anyone pay anything close to that for a miss-labeled card.

bnorth
04-07-2016, 07:30 AM
$76

What really bothers me is that nowhere in the description was it mentioned that PSA made a mistake. Ed Killian isn't even a SL player.

I've seen these before and avoided them like the plague. I've never seen anyone pay anything close to that for a miss-labeled card.

I agree with the seller not mentioning the mistake being a problem. It also seems that this is done on cards that the card listed on the flip is worth more than the card in the slab. Never seen one mislabeled the other way and the seller not mention it.

On a side note thanks to this thread I was able to land myself a nice mislabeled PSA card from fellow member jim. Who had the card listed on eBay and listed correctly with a description of what the mistake was.

vintagetoppsguy
04-07-2016, 08:00 AM
Even if it weren't mislabeled, shouldn't the paper loss on the back keep it from grading a 3?

Edited to add: The top looks like it could have been trimmed too.

ullmandds
04-07-2016, 08:41 AM
its just a cheapo common t206...with ANOTHER PSA ERROR...nothing to see here!

Joshchisox08
04-07-2016, 09:00 AM
its just a cheapo common t206...with ANOTHER PSA ERROR...nothing to see here!

Pete I have a few commons I'd like to sell you for $76.

PM me when you get a chance :rolleyes:

ullmandds
04-07-2016, 09:19 AM
Pete I have a few commons I'd like to sell you for $76.

PM me when you get a chance :rolleyes:

just send them to PSA and maybe they will mislabel them for you!

sbfinley
04-07-2016, 09:44 AM
Just another example of PSA outselling SGC! But seriously, for the so-called "industry leader" PSA's rate of mechanical errors is fairly high. A high volume submitter I once spoke to placed his rate at 3%-5%. I would at first assume that be high or even exaggerated, but considering the vast majority are data entry errors it's conceivable that one mistake could domino through a large order wrecking a long line of cards submitted. Also, while a certain mistake might be glaring to collectors, I'm guessing most would slip past the data entry employees who are almost certainly not active in the hobby. The human average for data entry errors is estimated 1%. Hell, at NASA it's .06%. (That one isn't estimated. They counted. Every. Single. One.) In an atmosphere such as PSA where subs are backlogged and the employees aren't experts on the subject matter a 1% error rate is logical and to me and a 3% rate is entirely plausible. Conversely, from some posts and threads by collectors you might be led to believe that the USPS is run by the same people who introduced New Coke and Pepsi Clear to the world. While the USPS does not officially release error rates, I have been quoted a number of 60 errors per million. That includes damaged, lost, and mis-delivered mail. That's .006%. Or TEN PERCENT OF NASA! Actually slightly higher than that. I rounded NASA's total up from .055, so ELEVEN PERCENT OF NASA!

PSA really needs to get their life in order.