PDA

View Full Version : Props to A Price Gouger

ezez420
04-04-2016, 12:48 PM
I wanted to give props to . I figured others should know what type of guy this person is. I inquired about a few cards on his site which has prices on them. Like the site says prices arent negotiable.

He sends me the pictures as I requested and I waited to proceed since he has no checkout. However, like a true scumbag in this hobby raises his prices by $800 once I was interested. It is a shame that the hobby is filled with these greedy people. Cheers!

gnaz01
04-04-2016, 12:52 PM
i wanted to give props to bbcards4u2. I figured others should know what type of guy this person is. I inquired about a few cards on his site which has prices on them. Like the site says prices arent negotiable.

He sends me the pictures as i requested and i waited to proceed since he has no checkout. However, like a true scumbag in this hobby raises his prices by $800 once i was interested. It is a shame that the hobby is filled with these greedy people. Cheers!

wow!!

ZachS
04-04-2016, 12:53 PM
raises his prices by $800 once I was interested.

Just a little markup...

Was just checking out his site:

Site Status –I have finally updated my web site, after more than a year of failing to do so. I have been actively buying and selling cards during that time, but I have changed my pricing policies and the updated web site now shows pricing that is significantly different than it was in the past. Please take a look.

This site was last updated 04/03/15.

ezez420
04-04-2016, 12:58 PM
Make sure you don't find a good deal because he won't let it happen.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

1952boyntoncollector
04-04-2016, 01:06 PM
I admit i bought a few cards from him and i paid much more than if they were at auctions with pwcc...however i didnt want to wait for a future auction.

many of the cards that he has for sale turned out to be already sold so the fact they he doesnt update the cards he has in inventory well may also mean he doesnt do a good job updating the prices......still looks bad either way i agree ..

he does do a 'bulk' or bigger money discount ..not many sites out there with such inventory...and all of the other sites i have seen with huge inventory also appear to have higher than ebay auction prices..except maybe 4sharpcorners that appear just to be high on the auction end range but still in the range

Peter_Spaeth
04-04-2016, 01:30 PM
I've dealt with Larry Mayer many times and always found him very easy to deal with, although his prices were on the high side.

ezez420
04-04-2016, 01:55 PM
Being on high side is one thing but jacking up your prices before a purchase is another. By $800 nonetheless on 2 cards is another. That is dishonest. Well he got some recognition.

pokerplyr80
04-04-2016, 07:26 PM
Had you offered to buy before the increase, or asked if he would honor the original price afterwards?

ezez420
04-04-2016, 07:54 PM
Yup.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

pokerplyr80
04-04-2016, 08:11 PM
Sounds like a pretty classless move. Unless it's been months since anyone has been on his site and made an offer and he forgot to update any prices. Either way he does not sound like a seller I would want to deal with.

Peter_Spaeth
04-04-2016, 08:14 PM
Site says it was last updated 4//3.15. He may mean 16.

Sean1125
04-04-2016, 08:15 PM
A man can price his items at whatever he so desires. Sometimes it is just nice to display things.

Props to Larry Mayer for being a great customer and dealer.

Jason
04-04-2016, 08:29 PM
A man can price his items at whatever he so desires. Sometimes it is just nice to display things.

Yeah they can but when there museum/display price is met they should honor it.

pokerplyr80
04-04-2016, 09:43 PM

You are right Sean he can price them at whatever he wants. But this wasn't a simple pricing error on ebay. This was his personal website, discussions had started, scans were sent. I may not have all the information I need to form an opinion, but from what the OP has said it sounds bad.

iowadoc77
04-05-2016, 06:25 AM
Yeah they can but when there museum/display price is met they should honor it.

+1

You are responsible for your inventory and pricing. You certainly can raise the price and then you certainly will face the consequences

Sean1125
04-05-2016, 06:39 AM
You are right Sean he can price them at whatever he wants. But this wasn't a simple pricing error on ebay. This was his personal website, discussions had started, scans were sent. I may not have all the information I need to form an opinion, but from what the OP has said it sounds bad.

I need the whole story prior to rendering an opinion.

I had a recent pricing error....

The error was on an entire set, not one card. I wonder, based on what is being posted, if the timing is just bad and he did actually do what he said and raise pricing across the board.

ksabet
04-05-2016, 10:54 AM

Of course you feel that way

ezez420
04-05-2016, 08:12 PM
So here is more of the story. I went on his site, picked out a few cards that were priced. Asked for scans. Sent me scans and said let him know how to proceed. I respond back stating that will take them, look at site, see prices on the two I was taking jacked up by $800. They were a psa 10 sutter rookie priced at $920 and a 1962 brock psa 8 at $620. I didnt even bother looking at third since was a little oc. He probably jacked that one up too.

So now rest of story... I wrote him saying to honor prices. No response. Sent an email from another address inquiring about a different card and he responds right away. However Still no response about the cards I was taking. At that point I blew up. Then He finally responds saying he didnt know how to approach situation giving this whole story about why. That his prices were off on many cards yet so adjusted the two I was taking so not mispriced for anyone else. You see that is a dbag move because you honor the price not jack it up like an a$$hole. If you have a site that you advertise your business on along with your terms of service you are expected to fulfill that. Otherwise you are deemed a jerkoff.

So Sean, that is the story. In your situation I dont know what happened if was a decimal point thing. But mine was blatent changing of pricing. But if you have cards on your site to sell and then find out you gave someone a decent deal then yea you should honor it. Especially if trying to build a business.

Here is info right off site.

Thanks for visiting my site. I have been collecting vintage baseball cards for 40 years, and I have been an active buyer and seller of cards on the Internet for 15 years, offering an unmatched selection of high grade cards at great prices.

Pricing - Prices listed on this site are firm, but I have increased the size of my small quantity discount, which I now give on a single purchase of 5 or more cards! Shipping and handling charges, as well as any insurance costs, will be added to the sale price.

He may want to add a caveat to pricing stating unless I feel the buyer is getting a good price pricing can change.

Kenny Cole
04-05-2016, 08:19 PM
So here is more of the story. I went on his site, picked out a few cards that were priced. Asked for scans. Sent me scans and said let him know how to proceed. I respond back stating that will take them, look at site, see prices on the two I was taking jacked up by $800. They were a psa 10 sutter rookie priced at $920 and a 1962 brock psa 8 at $620. I didnt even bother looking at third since was a little oc. He probably jacked that one up too.

So now rest of story... I wrote him saying to honor prices. No response. Sent an email from another address inquiring about a card and he responds right away. Still no response about cards I was taking. Then I blew up. He finally responds saying he didnt know how to approach situation. That his prices were off on many cards yet so adjusted them. You see that is a dbag move because you honor the price not jack it up like an a$$hole. If you have a site that you advertise your business on along with your terms of service you are expected to fulfill that. Otherwise you are deemed a jerkoff.

So Sean, that is the story. In your situation I dont know what happened if was a decimal point thing. But mine was blatent changing of pricing. But if you have cards on your site to sell and then find out you gave someone a decent deal then yea you should honor it. Especially if trying to build a business.

Yes, that is a douche move IMO. As was said in an earlier thread I posted, karma is a bitch though.