PDA

View Full Version : A pleasure to be a new member here.

Sailingmachine
04-02-2016, 08:09 AM
Greetings,

I registered a couple weeks ago and wanted to take a moment to introduce myself and add a few footnotes. I have only in the last we began searching and reading threads, had not really had a chance to get my feet wet here on net54. I have only had 2 interactions concerning deals at this point but an opportunity to chat with several members. I had made a "wanted" post and promptly received pm's and replies with the exact items I was seeking. All prices offered so far have been unbelievably fair. Unfortunately more items and not enough funds :). However, I made 3 purchases so far and the member I dealt with have been outstanding, welcoming and extremely considerate. I understand collectors are wary when dealing with a new unproven face. I appreciate the fair opportunities I have been given. Conversations I have had have been very informative.

On another note, I have had a chance to see items that you fellow collectors have in your cardboard arsenal. I'm bother impressed and envious in many of the pieces I have seen. I definitely don't have the deep pockets that many of you guys have but I take great pleasure in being able to see the great items that you guys have obtained over the years.

I won't ramble on any further. Thank you for accepting me into your community. Can't wait to interact with with more of the members here.

Very respectfully,

Ron Henry

Leon
04-02-2016, 08:14 AM
Welcome friend. A small bit of advice, Always be careful as this is getting to be a larger forum, look at the number of posts when dealing with members and when they joined, ask for references if need be.....and have fun. It is caveat emptor.
If I can ever help I am always only a PM or email away. Happy collecting!!

iowadoc77
04-02-2016, 08:21 AM
Welcome Ron!
It is overwhelming to see some of the collections here for sure. But this truly is a great board. Leon does a great job of oversight and management. I have done dozens of deals and all with what I would consider well-established members and all have been great. If you have questions, ask away. And I echo what Leon said in asking for references as most prefer to be paid PayPal f/f so you don't have protection that way. Good luck with your collection and welcome to this great community
Eric

53Browns
04-02-2016, 08:56 AM
Welcome Ron! Glad to have you! Literally the best board on the web. As far as deep pockets, not all of us have them. I actually buy most of my higher end cards using the patience/kindness of fellow board members who are sometimes open to short term "layaway". This is more than just another web forum, it's truly a community.

wolfdogg
04-02-2016, 09:45 AM
Welcome aboard Ron!!
Glad to see you made it

gregr2
04-02-2016, 09:46 AM
Welcome! This is a great place to learn with so many knowledgeable collectors.

04-02-2016, 12:42 PM
Welcome!

pariah1107
04-02-2016, 01:27 PM
Welcome to the board. Happy Collecting :)

egri
04-02-2016, 01:38 PM
Welcome aboard Ron, the board members here have given me boatloads of help with my collection, and are very knowledgeable and friendly. Happy collecting!

gemmint77
04-02-2016, 02:16 PM
Welcome and happy collecting!!

Enfuego
04-02-2016, 08:05 PM
Welcome to the family

irv
04-02-2016, 08:18 PM
Welcome aboard, Ron. :)

Shoebox
04-03-2016, 10:25 AM
Welcome to the neighborhood!