PDA

View Full Version : lelands

khkco4bls
03-30-2016, 09:08 AM
Well I am going to consign my collection. Anyone have any thoughts on Lelands. Since I live on Long Island I find it convenient maybe to deal with them. should I also talk to REA? Almost all of my stuff is 19 century memorabilia. Looking forward to any thoughts from you guys. Thanks

perezfan
03-30-2016, 09:40 AM
Both would be great. But I think you've missed REA's deadline for the Spring Auction. Perhaps Brian D. will chime in, if I'm wrong. If the Spring Auction is indeed closed, then waiting for the fall auction would require some patience.

Would love to see some of your great pieces in either auction. REA's Memorabilia offerings have declined (and largely given way to high-end cards, in recent years). Would love to see their memorabilia offerings return to the levels of pre-2010.

If not, REA, then Lelands is rock-solid as well. Can't say enough for having a local auction house that you can actually drive to. The shipping charges will slash into your profits, and packaging it properly is a giant time-consuming pain. I sure wish there was a local AH here in Seattle (or even Portland!)

Best of luck, and be sure to let us know where it lands.

vintagesportscollector
03-30-2016, 11:50 AM
Best of luck with the sale Kevin. You'll do fine with Lelands.

Donscards
03-30-2016, 12:04 PM
Lelands is great---The best for Memorabilia---I have used them many times over the years with great results.

ooo-ribay
03-30-2016, 01:41 PM
I hope you're selling for "want," rather than "need." Good luck!

khkco4bls
03-30-2016, 02:18 PM
Yes Rob moving south and it's just the right time

Klrdds
03-30-2016, 04:11 PM
FWIW I believe REA is the best auction house for any vintage cards, memorabilia and autographs especially 19th and early to mid 20 th century items. Huge catalog with lots of exposure and great photos and descriptions and a great website in my opinion.
Lelands is good too but I believe REA gets more money and better results.

Scott Garner
03-30-2016, 06:39 PM
FWIW I believe REA is the best auction house for any vintage cards, memorabilia and autographs especially 19th and early to mid 20 th century items. Huge catalog with lots of exposure and great photos and descriptions and a great website in my opinion.
Lelands is good too but I believe REA gets more money and better results.

I completely agree, FWIW.

hcv123
03-31-2016, 07:07 PM
While I agree with previous posts that I believe you would do okay in either AH, Heritage has turned up some incredible items, prices and has an arguably larger bidder base- they also have an office in NYC.

MVSNYC
04-10-2016, 05:38 AM
All great choices...Might I also suggest you look at LOTG. Al is fantastic to deal with, and his memorabilia selection has been growing nicely.

MooseDog
04-10-2016, 08:05 AM
Don't forget, depending on how unique your items are (and I would assume the quality of the entire collection (expected $$ realized) that commissions ARE negotiable with any auction decent auction house...if your have anything super nice, you might even be able to negotiate a piece of the buyers premium as well, but it would have to be an exceptional piece.