PDA

View Full Version : dont see a section for this: new guy

RollieFingers
03-28-2016, 03:10 PM
just wanted to pipe in that I just signed up after starting to sort a few thousand older but not great cards.
moved from California to Oregon and brought them with already knowing they arent worth much for 1980s and 90s cards. I do have older ones too and a few surprises but not pristine condition.

but I hope more guys like talking about and showing stuff that is just for fun hobbies sake. Dont get me wrong,I wanted it to be fun but have something/cards worth something too. That was part of the point of doing it.
but over at 'Blowout' cards,all they do is show off autographed 2 year old cards they hope to get 300$ for,complain about ebay rip off artists and complain about dishonest box-breaks that always go wrong.

I have a sense of humor. I'll show off all my Ernie DiGregorio repeats even though no one cared who he was and the card isnt worth much lol.
but I would expect some reaction as opposed to crickets :D

I am thinking about Com.c. to sell my common's but I need a job first etc.
and so for fun I can buy packs between 1992 and present that I never got.
I have no nfl expansion years cards; Panthers/Jaguars.
and I want any cards that have the Ravens original helmets being worn in the picture for my personal fun.
I have maybe 300 of the black border 1970 baseball cards but not many are in great condition but its one of the few things that might be worth a few bucks to someone..I'll see at some point.
Try to start sorting by sport and team and getting stuff into 9 piece top loaders now.

bnorth
03-28-2016, 06:21 PM
Welcome to the forum. It is a lot more mature over here but the posting of cards is more or less the same over here. If not high end or rare no one seems to respond.

What part of Oregon? The wife and I are seriously considering the move to the Oregon coast.

RollieFingers
03-28-2016, 06:32 PM
Welcome to the forum. It is a lot more mature over here but the posting of cards is more or less the same over here. If not high end or rare no one seems to respond.

What part of Oregon? The wife and I are seriously considering the move to the Oregon coast.

Salem Oregon. Ive only been here since August and dont know much except I come from inner city and Salem is boring to me lol

I live 5 miles from inner city capital,one hour from Portlnd.
mostly just white people,not the melting pot I prefer.
lol but this was a KKK hot bed 100 years ago so thats probably why.

Its nice scenery though..but I know nothing about the coast

SmokyBurgess
03-29-2016, 07:27 AM
I remember Ernie Di doing some fancy dribbling against the Russians to run out the clock many years ago.

Not an Olympic game as I recall, maybe an exhibition match.

Yes, I remember Ernie and Marvin.

RollieFingers
03-29-2016, 12:37 PM
I remember Ernie Di doing some fancy dribbling against the Russians to run out the clock many years ago.

Not an Olympic game as I recall, maybe an exhibition match.

Yes, I remember Ernie and Marvin.

I dont remember much about him playing. just a sports illustrated article I read years after the fact and the fact I got his card too many times one year.
but I kept them lol

familytoad
03-29-2016, 06:49 PM
Hello Rollie, welcome to the board.
Here, you can enjoy the cardboard any which way it pleases you.

I still am not certain that you'll get much more than cricket noise for posting 70's , 80's and 90's cards, but if you choose to focus on the players (i.e- Ernie D) not the 10-20 cents it's worth, you may get comment , in fact it could be fun.

Just because that era doesn't have expensive cards, it doesn't mean that it doesn't have cool characters :p

Ben, as for the Oregon Coast, I lived and worked there for 9 years before moving to SW Washington. I have traveled extensively from the north to south coast, (still do) so if you want to chat about it, send a PM!