PDA

View Full Version : Spring Training Injury of the Week:

clydepepper
03-26-2016, 04:36 PM
Brewers RP Will Smith tears knee ligament while taking off shoe.
"...always remember to stretch before and after practice."

the 'stache
03-27-2016, 02:30 AM
Wonderful. And, he was likely going to be our closer. We're going to lose 100 games this year. 2018 can't get here fast enough.

clydepepper
03-29-2016, 07:33 PM
Wonderful. And, he was likely going to be our closer. We're going to lose 100 games this year. 2018 can't get here fast enough.

My feelings about the Braves' rebuild is easier to take when I see teams like your Brewers that did not have the players available for folks willing to give up good prospects.

I do feel for you though...hope they learn to rebuild internally- maybe starting with the decision-makers themselves.

the 'stache
03-30-2016, 08:36 AM
My feelings about the Braves' rebuild is easier to take when I see teams like your Brewers that did not have the players available for folks willing to give up good prospects.

I do feel for you though...hope they learn to rebuild internally- maybe starting with the decision-makers themselves.

The Brewers already have a fantastic start on a rebuild. They've completely revamped their organizational talent, and GM David Stears, at 30, is the youngest GM in the game. And I love what he's doing.

We traded Carlos Gomez, who led the NL in WAR just two years ago, and got a really nice group of youngsters, including our center fielder of the future, Brett Philips, who is the #32 prospect in all of baseball, and Domingo Santana, who is our right fielder of the future. He was the #71 prospect in baseball prior to the 2015 season. We've got Orlando Arcia, the #6 prospect in baseball, and he'll be up within the next year. He's our shortstop of the future. We have three more prospects in the top 100 (right handed starter Jorge Lopez #57, left handed starter Josh Hader #61, and outfielder Trent Clark, #83). We'll get a pretty nice return whenever we deal Jonathan Lucroy. Elite catchers bring a pretty penny, and all we're needing him to show is that he's healthy after last year's nagging injuries. Trading him will bring a top prospect, and clear room for Jacob Nottingham, our catcher of the future.

The Brewers are probably about three years away from being a serious contender again, but I'm fine with that. There is some real talent in out system, and these youngsters will get the opportunity to grow.