PDA

View Full Version : Jimmie Foxx Game Used bat, or not? With Mears Letter

Sportsnutcards
03-25-2016, 09:40 AM
I have a customer who has what is said to be a game used Jimmie Foxx bat. It comes with a Mears letter with a rating of an A7. The letter states that there is no record of Foxx personally ordering a bat, but there is a record of the type of bat being in the team order. What exactly does that mean? Is this still considered a game used bat? And how does that effect the value? Thanks for anyone who can help!

yanks12025
03-25-2016, 03:44 PM
Can you post a picture of the letter. If they say its a team ordered/index bat then the chances of Foxx having used it is slim to none. Team ordered bat were ordered by the team so minor leaguers, pitchers or anyone to use.

ooo-ribay
03-25-2016, 04:03 PM
You might want to check the recent Mears posts. :cool:

MGHPro
03-25-2016, 06:10 PM
If they call it index , value will be under 1000. But posting pics of the letter would help

Sportsnutcards
03-26-2016, 05:59 AM
Thank you for the replies! I tried to get the picture to upload but I am having troubles with my phone... It is referred to as an index bat on the letter so I guess that explains it. I still don't get why that would still rate an a7 but I guess it doesn't matter either way.

Leon
03-26-2016, 07:20 AM
If you use a computer then pics work fine :). If you want to send a pic to me at leon@net54baseball.com I will post it for you....

Thank you for the replies! I tried to get the picture to upload but I am having troubles with my phone... It is referred to as an index bat on the letter so I guess that explains it. I still don't get why that would still rate an a7 but I guess it doesn't matter either way.