PDA

View Full Version : BCCG graded cards

hoebob69
03-24-2016, 04:25 PM
Was curious if anyone has submitted a card previously graded by bccg to SGC or PSA? Was just curious as to how close the grade would be to the other 2 notorious grading services? I have noticed that bccg doesn't book or sale as well as SGC,PSA or even BCG and can't really grasp why! Any one have any input on this subject?

bnorth
03-24-2016, 04:32 PM
Was curious if anyone has submitted a card previously graded by bccg to SGC or PSA? Was just curious as to how close the grade would be to the other 2 notorious grading services? I have noticed that bccg doesn't book or sale as well as SGC,PSA or even BCG and can't really grasp why! Any one have any input on this subject?

http://www.beckett.com/grading/compare-our-services This should help. It shows the differences between Beckett grading services. They are basically a very low end version of Beckett.

Bill77
03-25-2016, 11:15 AM
BCCG has a completely different grading scale from any of the other grading companies including Beckett. The BCCG grading scale is:

BCCG 10 Mint or Better = BGS 9 or Better
BCCG 9 Near Mint or Better = BGS 7 or Better
BCCG 8 Excellent or Better = BGS 5 or Better
BCCG 7 Very Good or Better = BGS 3 or Better
BCCG 6 Good or Better = BGS 2 or Better
BCCG 5 Poor or Better = BGS 1 or Better

rexvos
03-25-2016, 12:58 PM
A few years ago I bought a 1988 Fleer ProCards BCCG 10 Craig Biggio, it was a great looking card so I cracked it out and subbed to PSA and it is now in a PSA 10 holder.

Also I did a similar crack out on a BCCG 10 1984 Donruss Darryl Strawberry, now in a PSA 9 holder.

All depends on the card

swarmee
03-26-2016, 03:57 AM
BCCG has low resale value because of their odd grading scale (5-10) and the fact that they come as a freebie in some of those grab bag blaster boxes at Wal-Mart. "Get a graded card" they say. But then they give you a BCCG and you just feel wronged. Plus people that like Beckett for the rugged cases don't like that BCCG are in the flimsy ones that don't stack well with BGS/BVG.

pclpads
03-26-2016, 01:05 PM
Never have understood Beckett's corporate think in doing this, other than to chase the almighty dollar. Seems like it would only lessen the image / prestige of their main line, a BVG slab. I compare it to a Ferrari car dealership that under the same banner would also sell Yugos :confused:

Sierra79
03-26-2016, 04:21 PM
Never have understood Beckett's corporate think in doing this, other than to chase the almighty dollar. Seems like it would only lessen the image / prestige of their main line, a BVG slab. I compare it to a Ferrari car dealership that under the same banner would also sell Yugos :confused:

So they could give Tristar something to have put in their products. LOL