PDA

View Full Version : T206 Johnson Portrait Old Mill

Bryan Long
03-24-2016, 01:14 PM
My apologies if this is a simple question....I have been working on completing the back run of Walter Johnson portraits. For some reason - despite tons of searches I have yet to find a Johnson Old Mill back that has sold beyond 2012. Is the card that rare?

t206fix
03-24-2016, 02:01 PM
My apologies if this is a simple question....I have been working on completing the back run of Walter Johnson portraits. For some reason - despite tons of searches I have yet to find a Johnson Old Mill back that has sold beyond 2012. Is the card that rare?

Bryan

I once upon a time took up the challenge of the Wajo Port back run. I was missing one card... looked for it forever. No dice. It is extremely tough as is most Old Mill 150s. Good luck in your search! If anyone has one, I'd love to see a scan!

Harford20
03-24-2016, 02:08 PM
Bryan,
As Tony stated, the Old Mill 150's can be very tough. I recently completed my T206 Lajoie Throwing back run. I started thinking the brown Hindu was going to be the "show stopper". I searched for years, with no less than 10 Hindu's coming to market before the first Old Mill appeared. This will be a very delicate search, looking at every back at every AH/eBay/show to locate this one.
Best of Luck
Dave

Bryan Long
03-24-2016, 02:17 PM
I had a bad feeling that this card was going to be the death of me. At least I know I won't be alone in the search, but I'm sure if one ever does pop up there will be plenty of competition for it.

Sean
03-24-2016, 02:41 PM
I'm working on a Merkle portrait run. I would have finished a year ago if not for the Old Mill. :mad:

BBB
03-27-2016, 03:43 PM
Got an old mill Johnson throwing , Psa 2.5. Psa multipliers tell me it's not worth much premium. Then I see posts like this and have hope that the market demand exceeds the conservative multipliers. Same for my Matty white cap overprint

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk