PDA

View Full Version : Plank 1915 CJ SGC

sjim8660
03-22-2016, 08:51 PM
What do you guys think about where this ended up at?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Eddie-Plank-1915-Cracker-Jack-6-SGC-50-4-Pop-9-only-13-Higher-Centered-Beauty-/381572577825?_trksid=p2047675.l2557&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&nma=true&si=8dDsJzfgCByLo2wBXssE3RPDfEs%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

Too high? Too Low? Just right? I was the winner, I think I might have over payed a little but I personally have been looking for a nice Plank CJ for over a year and this one is decently centered and in my price range. Overall I am very happy with it. I might consider sending it to PSA and having them look at it, as long as they would slab it a PSA 4 or better I will tell them to go ahead and do it.

I also won a 1914 Baumgardner tonight, which I thought went low considering a SGC-3 14' just sold for $619. I might also send the Baumgardner into PSA, it looks pretty clean. Once I get the cards in hand I will post up better scans and then we will see about sending them to PSA.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1914-Cracker-Jack-131-Baumgardner-SGC-50-LOW-POP-/281966769457?_trksid=p2047675.l2557&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&nma=true&si=8dDsJzfgCByLo2wBXssE3RPDfEs%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

How did I do tonight?

mechanicalman
03-22-2016, 08:57 PM
Overall I am very happy with it.

This is all that matters, dude. Great buy.

ullmandds
03-22-2016, 08:58 PM
I think you should be very happy it is a beautiful card

pokerplyr80
03-22-2016, 09:54 PM
This is all that matters, dude. Great buy.

Agreed. There's nothing wrong with stretching a little if it's a card you really like and are planning to keep. I've paid a little more than I originally planned or VCP said I should for a couple of cards lately, but they're keepers.

There's another thread going about how 15 CJs have risen in price a lot lately. Perhaps this card is just following that trend.

iowadoc77
03-23-2016, 06:26 AM
I thought that was a pretty nice Plank for the grade and not surprising that it caught a lot of attention. That is a very desirable grade that appeals to a wide range.
I know I have overpaid before and will again for those cards that are significant to my collection. It's an unfortunate part of getting emotionally involved but not something I regret.
Nice work and enjoy the card

Eggoman
03-23-2016, 07:27 AM
I think I might have over payed a little...

GREAT CARD!

In a short while, you will forget about "overpaying a little" and be THRILLED with the card. I ALWAYS seem to forget about "overpaying a little" with the passage of some time. But I usually remain upset with myself for letting one get away...

For what MY opinion is worth...

frankbmd
03-23-2016, 07:41 AM
PM me anytime if you wish to overpay for any of my cards.

Just consider my asking price as an opening bid in an auction.

Not to worry though, MAX bids will be honored.:D

sjim8660
03-23-2016, 09:05 AM
GREAT CARD!

In a short while, you will forget about "overpaying a little" and be THRILLED with the card. I ALWAYS seem to forget about "overpaying a little" with the passage of some time. But I usually remain upset with myself for letting one get away...

For what MY opinion is worth...

I am the exact same way lol. I can still remember cards that I let get away over an extra $100 or so. I think considering the Baumgardner I got went really low I think that balances it out. Also CJ's are only rising in prices so I think I did fine. I personally have wanted a Plank CJ for a while so I am thrilled to have added it to my collection. I always buy the card, not the slab so I feel like the card itself is very nice. I cant wait to get it in hand, now all I need to do is track down a Cobb CJ lol, probably be another year or so but the chase is what makes it fun.

ajquigs
03-23-2016, 09:36 AM
I agree with many of the other comments ... it's a very nice looking card that you've sought out for a while. Based on some of my own purchases that felt like overpays I imagine you'll end up being quite happy with it.
Plus, it does seem that CJs are hot, so if not this one you might have ended up paying the same or more in the future.

edjs
03-23-2016, 11:37 AM
and in my price range. Overall I am very happy with it.

This is all I ever care about when I buy a card. The only time I regret the price is when I realize I paid more than I should have, not more than I could have (solely based on my budget). I have a few cards I know I paid more than they were valued at, but I always figure someone else thought they were worth pretty close to what I paid (the underbidder). It is a really nice looking Plank.

ajjohnsonsoxfan
03-23-2016, 11:56 AM
I think you'll have a hard time crossing those to PSA and getting the same grades. I've done dozens of CJ crossovers in and out of SGC holders and typically get a -1 grade difference. PSA is grading CJ's much stricter the last 24 months vs. how they graded them years ago. If a PSA holder is important to you, buying one with the new hologram is best case as you know it was graded recently under the newer standard and will pay appropriately for it.

Leon
03-25-2016, 12:44 PM
What do you guys think about where this ended up at?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Eddie-Plank-1915-Cracker-Jack-6-SGC-50-4-Pop-9-only-13-Higher-Centered-Beauty-/381572577825?_trksid=p2047675.l2557&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&nma=true&si=8dDsJzfgCByLo2wBXssE3RPDfEs%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

Too high? Too Low? Just right? I was the winner, I think I might have over payed a little but I personally have been looking for a nice Plank CJ for over a year and this one is decently centered and in my price range. Overall I am very happy with it. I might consider sending it to PSA and having them look at it, as long as they would slab it a PSA 4 or better I will tell them to go ahead and do it.

I also won a 1914 Baumgardner tonight, which I thought went low considering a SGC-3 14' just sold for $619. I might also send the Baumgardner into PSA, it looks pretty clean. Once I get the cards in hand I will post up better scans and then we will see about sending them to PSA.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1914-Cracker-Jack-131-Baumgardner-SGC-50-LOW-POP-/281966769457?_trksid=p2047675.l2557&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&nma=true&si=8dDsJzfgCByLo2wBXssE3RPDfEs%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

How did I do tonight?

If you are keeping them (or actually even selling them) you might consider just leaving them in the SGC slabs, unless your others are in PSA ones already? Nice Plank and love the great centering!!