PDA

View Full Version : The Prewar Diet

frankbmd
03-22-2016, 09:19 AM
What's on your plate? Create a five course meal that you could actually eat.

1 - Tango Eggs - Scrambled or Over Easy

Served with

2 - Standard Biscuits or Tip Top Toast

Followed by a few

3 - Darby's Chocolates

And wash it all down with a

4 - Fro-Joy Float

And then sit back and enjoy a

5 - Worch Cigar

While your dog enjoys the

6 - Scrapps

Peter_Spaeth
03-22-2016, 09:27 AM
Butter Krust bread with Croft's Cocoa. No protein, so will have to go postwar for some Rodeo Meats or Wilson Franks.

ErikV
03-22-2016, 09:36 AM
From the Upper Deck I moved to the field level with my pal, Breisch Williams.
This was Topps. While Breisch bought a package of Cracker Jack, I got some
Colgan Mint Chips. After our snacks, he then opened a pack of Piedmont
cigarettes and smoked them. I was content with the Honus Wagner card that
was in the pack!

ErikV

edjs
03-22-2016, 10:51 AM
Well, I guess I will have a slice of Clement Bros. pie and a cup of Cafe du Monde coffee, please. What, no Cafe du Monde? Like always, I can never find Cafe du Monde. I guess I'll have some Voskamp's, oh, and some Pacific Coast Biscuit. Maybe a Zeenut for the road, I want to save the wrapper.

atx840
03-22-2016, 11:33 AM
A grilled Turkey Red and Mayo's sandwich with a thick slice of Goudey Premium cheese for lunch then a simple Cobb salad for supper and Chase it with Fro-Joy ice cream.

Shoebox
03-22-2016, 11:37 AM
Not pre-war but I would eat a bowl or 33 of Red Heart dog food for a set of them.

shernan30
03-22-2016, 05:39 PM
Always fun posts Frank.

1. I always start my morning with cereal so how about some Kellogg's Pep Cereal

2. Cereal is not cereal without some Crowley's Milk

3. For lunch how about a hearty sandwich using some bread from a loaf of Holsum Bread

4. A weekday would be a Blue Bird Grape Soda to wash down the sandwich, but on a weekend it's a Knickerbocker Beer for me!!

5. A nice summer dessert would be some Yuengling's Ice Cream, but on those cold nights I'm making some warm Croft's Cocoa

Edwolf1963
03-22-2016, 06:58 PM
For those who'd like to be a bit more adventurous and beyond pre-war culinary offerings, you can always get creative and enjoy a "hearty" snack-time bowl of Red Heart Dog Food :D

Leon
03-24-2016, 04:54 PM
I think I have eaten dog food by accident before but that story is for another time.

When I get up in the morning I have to decide if I will use my Boston Garters or another brand I have, to hold my socks up, in order to look good all day.

Then I go to the breakfast table with my Baltimore News in hand to have some Pacific Coast Biscuits and gravy along with some Voskamps Coffee. Then for dessert I will have a Hughs Frozen Confection. Lastly, after some Blue Bird juice I will go to relax with a Fans Cigarette (if I smoked) and read the rest of the paper....

For those who'd like to be a bit more adventurous and beyond pre-war culinary offerings, you can always get creative and enjoy a "hearty" snack-time bowl of Red Heart Dog Food :D