PDA

View Full Version : My 1000th post & some cards

tonyo
03-20-2016, 08:07 AM
Thought I'd celebrate my 1000th post by finally adding an avatar - it's me holding babe ruth's bat at the Chicago National last year.

Also posting my favorite pickups at the national. I thoroughly enjoyed the trip to my first national. And looking back on it, I can't believe I found these 3 cards among the millions of items in that hall those 2 days.

Thanks to Leon for running this site. It really provides me with a good "escape from reality" on a regular basis and greatly enriches a hobby I truly enjoy.

edit to add: Happy Collecting!

Leon
03-20-2016, 08:12 AM
Tony, congrats on 1000. I wish everyone on the board was as nice as you are ...Thanks for being a great member of the board...

Hope you have fun on your next 1000 posts too!! I don't have any T206s to show but here is a T card I like...

mrvster
03-20-2016, 12:13 PM
Congrats!Wowza! those f.scotties will be really awesome once some evidence is reached:)

Joshchisox08
03-20-2016, 12:51 PM
Thought I'd celebrate my 1000th post by finally adding an avatar - it's me holding babe ruth's bat at the Chicago National last year.

Also posting my favorite pickups at the national. I thoroughly enjoyed the trip to my first national. And looking back on it, I can't believe I found these 3 cards among the millions of items in that hall those 2 days.

Thanks to Leon for running this site. It really provides me with a good "escape from reality" on a regular basis and greatly enriches a hobby I truly enjoy.

edit to add: Happy Collecting!

Very nice cards Tony! Some of my favorites in the set and the S. Fitzgerald stamp to boot!

Nice Chick Leon!

CW
03-20-2016, 12:55 PM
Congrats on the 1K and the cool cards (with or without the F stamp). Did you get them all at different tables?

tonyo
03-20-2016, 04:46 PM
Congrats on the 1K and the cool cards (with or without the F stamp). Did you get them all at different tables?

Thanks!

Nope all at the same table. That table had maybe a couple hundred graded t206's layed out sorta "fallen domino" style. The fellow was nice enough to help me look at all of the cards that had the mk qualifier since I'm looking for t206's with back stamps. I was pretty stoked that three of them had the old English F (my first three).

I looked at hundreds (thousands?) of t206's and came away with about a dozen back stamps (or other unique markings), some I reached on and when I got home they didn't make the cut for my set, but it's been so long since I had been to a "card show" I had a great time looking and trying to hit every table in two days.