PDA

View Full Version : Things that make you go, "hmm".

the 'stache
03-16-2016, 11:01 PM
Oh, no. Just....no (http://www.ebay.com/itm/1975-Topps-20-Thurman-Munson-YANKEES-VG-G50741-VG-/161814827555?hash=item25acea5223:g:0T8AAOSwTapV7Xb 0)

Somebody at Topps must have had a little too much to drink before heading to the factory. I've seen some miscuts in my time, but this takes the cake.

savedfrommyspokes
03-17-2016, 05:40 AM
A real challenge would be to build an entire 75 set with miscuts like this one.....okay, maybe it would not be such a challenge after all.

bnorth
03-17-2016, 06:38 AM
That is probably the stock photo they use on all 75 Munson cards. As a error variation collector I learned to avoid that seller a long time ago.

Is a cool looking miscut pictured. A sheet of cards an a razor blade is how most came about.

Snapolit1
03-17-2016, 06:48 AM
I like the fact that seller rates card as Very Good. Hell, why not Near Mint?

steve B
03-17-2016, 11:58 AM
I think that's about as much of a diamond cut as you could get from the factory. I have one somewhere that's pretty close.

The Holtzman and Allen are factory for sure, I got the Holtzman in a pack when it was new. The 75 is cut from a sheet, I bought it as a miscut but later found out it was from a sheet that was badly damaged and at the time unsaleable. About half the sheet was stained and badly crumpled, but the rest made a couple 9 card panels with more popular players and a few of these really way overdone "miscuts". Back then it was really cheap, maybe a quarter instead of a nickel. And when the guy eventually told me he gave me some free stuff to make up for it. It was sort of a game, he'd occasionally show me stuff he knew was bad to see if I'd spot the problems. The 75 "miscut" was the only one I got wrong.

http://www.net54baseball.com/picture.php?albumid=123&pictureid=3206

Steve B

the 'stache
03-17-2016, 06:13 PM
Somebody bought it. Huh.

bnorth
03-18-2016, 08:31 AM
Somebody bought it. Huh.

Probably a forum member. Hopefully the get the card pictured if they wanted the miscut. Says in their description many images are catalog photos. Another words they use a picture of a error/variation card and send a normal card. Pretty common on eBay now. I fell for it a couple months ago.