PDA

View Full Version : 2016 Collecting goal accomplished

pokerplyr80
03-16-2016, 12:58 PM
As some of you may know from my previous posts, I have a short attention span and haven't ever finished a collecting goal that I started. That changed today with the arrival of these two Cobbs. My t206 cobb run is complete, and I'm pretty excited about that. I have included an old photo of the other two, and will update with a pic of all four when I get the other two back from the bank.

DeanH3
03-16-2016, 01:29 PM
Congrats Jesse! Nice looking Cobb's for sure. As you know, I hope to complete my T206 Cobb run sometime this year. Well done!

Edited to add: Can't wait to see better pics of all four!

ajjohnsonsoxfan
03-16-2016, 01:32 PM
Love those portraits! Hope to own a red and green someday!

mechanicalman
03-16-2016, 02:17 PM
Jesse - that's awesome. Those look sweet. Can't wait to see some larger pics. The small ones are like eye candy, but not enough to truly satiate your appetite. Like one Jelly Bean.

Also, an honest question: With 2016 goals accomplished in Q1, do you amend your objectives for balance of the year?

Luke
03-16-2016, 02:28 PM
Congrats! I flipped em for easier viewing, but you definitely have to take some bigger pics of these bad boys.

mrvster
03-16-2016, 03:02 PM
investment also;)total blue chip

pokerplyr80
03-16-2016, 03:22 PM
Thanks everyone, and to Luke for adjusting my pics. Some of you may have also noticed I'm not very tech savy. I will try to figure out how to post a better one when I have all four in hand at the same time.

To Sam that was a main goal of 2016, and 2015 for that matter, but not the only one. Next up is finishing a mantle run, still a work in progress. And continuing to add cards I find interesting.

With the Cobbs I find myself wanting to add a few more t206s in particular. If anyone has a nice matty, young, speaker, or sometching else interesting feel free to send a pm.

Republicaninmass
03-16-2016, 03:30 PM
Wow, so what will you do the next 9 months?

pokerplyr80
03-16-2016, 04:46 PM
Wow, so what will you do the next 9 months?

Mantles, other t206s, and hopefully a HOF rc or two.

ullmandds
03-16-2016, 04:53 PM
Very nice!

Laxcat
03-17-2016, 09:24 AM
That's awesome. I hope to add to my Cobbs as well this year. Too bad so many awesome autos keep coming my way.

Sean
03-17-2016, 09:27 AM
Nice going Jesse. I started my set in 2002, but it took me until last year to get four Cobbs that I was satisfied with. :)

Shoebox
03-17-2016, 10:28 AM
Congrats! That is a significant achievement!

pokerplyr80
03-17-2016, 10:40 AM
Nice going Jesse. I started my set in 2002, but it took me until last year to get four Cobbs that I was satisfied with. :)

Thanks, I supposed it helped that I was only after 4 cards instead of 524. A little easier to focus my efforts. :)

pokerplyr80
03-22-2016, 05:39 PM
I just got the other two bank from the bank. Hopefully this picture will turn out better than the last one.

ullmandds
03-22-2016, 05:43 PM
c'mon jesse...those cards are worthy of high res scans!!!!

pokerplyr80
03-22-2016, 05:47 PM
Lol I know, I tried altering the photo size on my phone but they still upload on this site as a small file for me. I have a scanner but can't get it to work. One of these days I'll buy a new one.

pawpawdiv9
03-23-2016, 01:08 PM
Nice jesse. as you know I have been doing the same 4 Cobb run myself over the past year. Still waiting to find a nice bat-on version. I even tried to upgrade my red or green.

Here is a next idea, I consider doing (which I got a start on this year) is doing the 4 Ruth Goudey run (the yellow, red, bat and green portrait)
You posted some of your card on Collector Focus, just add them there and someone can paste them here or whichever.

pokerplyr80
03-23-2016, 09:27 PM
Thanks Chris, I got lucky and got the last two from the same guy.

I tried to take your suggestion and added a few cards. The Cobbs didn't turn out much better as the files were too big to load directly from my phone and didn't work at all after I emailed them to myself and loaded from my computer. I know the solution is just to get a decent scanner but as I rarely sell cards on my own I haven't had the need. It would be nice to look through better scans though as most of these cards are at the bank most of the time.

As for the Goudey Ruth run the green and red one don't appeal to me as much. I have a 144 and would like a yellow to go with it though.

Leon
03-24-2016, 08:37 AM
Centering looks great, congrats on the fun run. If you send those pictures to my email I can mostly likely post them much larger for you....

Thanks Chris, I got lucky and got the last two from the same guy.

I tried to take your suggestion and added a few cards. The Cobbs didn't turn out much better as the files were too big to load directly from my phone and didn't work at all after I emailed them to myself and loaded from my computer. I know the solution is just to get a decent scanner but as I rarely sell cards on my own I haven't had the need. It would be nice to look through better scans though as most of these cards are at the bank most of the time.

As for the Goudey Ruth run the green and red one don't appeal to me as much. I have a 144 and would like a yellow to go with it though.

pokerplyr80
03-24-2016, 12:21 PM
Thanks Leon, pm sent.

Leon
03-24-2016, 12:53 PM
Cards might be better served with these...The bottom ones are about as big of a picture as this site will host. The top ones I hosted on my own personal site....(for anyone interested). Great cards especially the red, because I feel a red Cobby pops more but it's like chocolate and vanilla. They are all great specimens...

http://luckeycards.com/cobbs.jpg

pokerplyr80
03-24-2016, 01:16 PM
Thanks for helping Leon, that does look much better.

freakhappy
03-25-2016, 12:11 AM
Wow! Jesse...bravo, sir...those are excellent looking Cobbs!

A PSA 7...amazing :eek::eek:

itjclarke
03-25-2016, 12:15 AM
Cards might be better served with these...The bottom ones are about as big of a picture as this site will host. The top ones I hosted on my own personal site....(for anyone interested). Great cards especially the red, because I feel a red Cobby pops more but it's like chocolate and vanilla. They are all great specimens...

http://luckeycards.com/cobbs.jpg

Size matters.

Holy crap! Those look amazing together, congrats.

goudey1933
03-25-2016, 03:55 AM
Nice cards to say the least!How long did it take you to complete this project and did you focus exclusively on these or did you add other cards in the meantime?

Scott

pokerplyr80
03-25-2016, 11:00 AM
Thanks again guys for the kind words. My plan last year was just to pick up a green Cobb when I came across the red one. After adding the green one about 3 months ago I decided it would be cool to have all four. The search for a green Cobb took over a year but the goal to collect all four was only set at the beginning of the year.

I have been working on a Mantle run for the last couple of years and picking up HOF RCS as well. I guess you could say I have trouble focusing on a task when it comes to collecting. It helps when there are only 4.

pawpawdiv9
03-25-2016, 01:54 PM
Exactly the same reasoning for me..Much easier to do with only 4. I'll show mine when I complete the last one. Next project tho, will be the Goudey ruths, same reasoning, theres only 4.

KingFisk
03-25-2016, 09:42 PM
Thanks again guys for the kind words. My plan last year was just to pick up a green Cobb when I came across the red one. After adding the green one about 3 months ago I decided it would be cool to have all four. The search for a green Cobb took over a year but the goal to collect all four was only set at the beginning of the year.

I have been working on a Mantle run for the last couple of years and picking up HOF RCS as well. I guess you could say I have trouble focusing on a task when it comes to collecting. It helps when there are only 4.

Congrats! Beautiful cards.