PDA

View Full Version : PSA Cert Question

Rayl
03-14-2016, 08:25 AM
May be a dumb question.......A while ago I bought a Mike Schmidt signed HOF baseball that was PSA certified. I am currently selling it on EBAY and a potential buyer commented that he was unable to verify the certification number on the PSA website. I didn't think to do that, so I did, and he is right. The certification number is invalid. Has anyone ever had a cert number that was invalid be actually valid? I am just curious. I am going to pull the listing for obvious reasons however here is the link to the ball and what looks like a legitimate certification card. When I get home from work I can look at my records to see who sold me the ball. Thanks in advance for the replies.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/182053394470?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

Thanks, Ray

1952boyntoncollector
03-14-2016, 08:33 AM
you can send pictures to psa and they may be able to list it or they may need the card in hand.. i have had cards that they added the cert on the registry too before where at first you were unable to look it up..

Duluth Eskimo
03-14-2016, 12:19 PM
They f up the autograph stuff all the time. I wouldn't worry about. You may be able to have them correct it. I'm sure it's a data entry error like all their other stuff.

drcy
03-16-2016, 10:32 AM
Not sure about today as I don't follow, but in the past with PSA there often was a continual data base entry baglog, so a genuine cert might not be listed because they hadn't gotten to it yet. So a # not being verifiable wasn't uncommon and didn't necessarily mean anything bad beyond that they're tardy entering the #s.