PDA

View Full Version : The Overpaying Thread

mouschi
03-11-2016, 08:26 AM
Remember that old Circuit City Commercial? The one where the kid comes into the store.

"Excuse me, sir? Last week, I bought this. But today, I saw this. "
(Shows an advertisement for his same item advertised for less than he paid for his item.)

"I just opened the paper and there it was."

The clerk happily opens the register and gives him the difference. The child is merrily on his way, without feeling like a knucklehead because he overpaid.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=epP3jETf8Og

Oh, how I wish it were that way with eBay! Last year, A card was up forever for $325 or so. I talked the seller down, and with 5x eBay bucks, I probably ended up getting it for $175. The problem? A week later, another came up and sold for about $100. :doh: I haven't seen another before or since.

Has this happened to you? Share!

steve B
03-11-2016, 09:35 AM
One of the people I learned a lot about collectibles from once told me "you can never pay too much, just too soon."

Of course, for some things depending on what price you paid and what it was it might be as mush as a few generations too soon. :)

I have a bunch of stuff I paid "too much" for, some stuff I overpaid for on the early 80's is much better than it was then. The stuff I bought new from the late 80's to early 90's............Maybe my kids will live to see it become worth what I paid, maybe not.

Steve B