PDA

View Full Version : Live auction

Mdmtx
03-10-2016, 02:42 PM
I stumbled across a live auction. Unfortunately I can't attend. I looked in the rules and don't see anything against posting the info, but I seem to recall outing an auction was frowned on. Please enlighten me. FYI the auction is this Saturday.

Mark

Leon
03-10-2016, 02:46 PM
I stumbled across a live auction. Unfortunately I can't attend. I looked in the rules and don't see anything against posting the info, but I seem to recall outing an auction was frowned on. Please enlighten me. FYI the auction is this Saturday.

Mark

There aren't rules against posting about them. Some people like it and some don't. The board and I are neutral. :)

Mdmtx
03-10-2016, 02:55 PM
Thanks Leon. it's a live auction on Saturday. Several t cards including a red portrait Cobb. Asked by a board member to keep quiet. Since I know a collector will be there I am removing the information. Sorry for any confusion.

Mark

1952boyntoncollector
03-10-2016, 03:50 PM
Thanks Leon. it's a live auction on Saturday. Several t cards including a red portrait Cobb. Asked by a board member to keep quiet. Since I know a collector will be there I am removing the information. Sorry for any confusion.

Mark

man what state is it in

drcy
03-10-2016, 04:09 PM
Not outing an auction is one of the "unwritten rules." There is no written or official rule for or against it. I don't even know that a majority of people even support it. There's never been a vote. It's just that a few vocal members have decided "it's the rule." For all I know, they may be in the small minority-- though they won't be your best buddies if you out an auction they want to bid in.

1952boyntoncollector
03-10-2016, 04:25 PM
Not outing an auction is one of the "unwritten rules." There is no written or official rule for or against it. I don't even know that a majority of people even support it. There's never been a vote. It's just that a few vocal members have decided "it's the rule." For all I know, they may be in the small minority-- though they won't be your best buddies if you out an auction they want to bid in.

what about the consignors who want people to bid..im sure they would want people to know..

i remember having a discussion about a 1952 mantle at a major auction house...people agree you cant really out that card as everyone knows about whatever auction its at

pokerplyr80
03-10-2016, 04:28 PM
I believe it's more outing a particular card that some members don't like, especially if the feel it could fly under the radar. I don't really care because most if the cards I'm looking for are going to be noticed no matter what site they're on.

drcy
03-10-2016, 08:52 PM
Some will say about unwritten rules: "They are unwritten for a reason: Because they aren't rules."