PDA

View Full Version : Kashin set

EYECOLLECTVINTAGE
03-10-2016, 09:49 AM
I just received a Kashin set in the mail. I got a gentlemen to send them to me so I could examine them and make sure they were real which he did.

They came in the original box..

Here are my concerns.

Very flimsy cards. also, not top quality as far as image... looks xeroxed but isnt.

I have compared the ruth to models online and some even have the same print defect on the top left corner and bottom right border.

Does anyone have any advice through these photos?

Are there tell tale signs of fakes?

Thanks so much in advance friends..

Leon
03-10-2016, 10:43 AM
They are a real and real nice. What else would you like to know? The Ruth was printed in each set so is quite common but it's still worth several hundred (in top condition even more)...They do tend to come high grade sometimes due to their distribution and storage method (the boxes).

DBesse27
03-10-2016, 10:55 AM
Those are awesome! If you haven't done so yet, buy them ASAP!

EYECOLLECTVINTAGE
03-10-2016, 11:32 AM
They are a real and real nice. What else would you like to know? The Ruth was printed in each set so is quite common but it's still worth several hundred (in top condition even more)...They do tend to come high grade sometimes due to their distribution and storage method (the boxes).

Guy wanted 2K. I was hoping the ruth was in better condition. Ruth is probably a 4.5 to a 5. Has Ott Babe Ruth And Hornsby, Waner, Marranville and the mains. I'm gonna pass at that price. If anyone is interested let me know and I can link you guys up for sure.

EYECOLLECTVINTAGE
03-10-2016, 12:42 PM

Thanks for the assistance Leon and verifying the authenticity of it.

Didn't realize that these players other than the ruth go for so little.

pokerplyr80
03-10-2016, 01:32 PM
You got the seller to mail you the cards for inspection? That's pretty impressive if you didn't have to pay for them first.

EYECOLLECTVINTAGE
03-10-2016, 01:45 PM
You got the seller to mail you the cards for inspection? That's pretty impressive if you didn't have to pay for them first.

Yea I am pretty trust worthy. I met him through ebay and had him look up my info online as well as my firm. I would never steal. I don't have it in me.

He thinks 2K is a bargain. I wanted to buy these so bad!, but Unless I was the person specifically looking for the set I can't see 2K in these. :(

Sending back in the mail tomorrow AM.

glynparson
03-11-2016, 07:12 AM
There are several 4 tough sp cards. That command good money.

EYECOLLECTVINTAGE
03-11-2016, 08:09 AM
There are several 4 tough sp cards. That command good money.

I looked all the ones up and none were anything good :(

Leon
03-11-2016, 08:29 AM
Yea I am pretty trust worthy. I met him through ebay and had him look up my info online as well as my firm. I would never steal. I don't have it in me.

He thinks 2K is a bargain. I wanted to buy these so bad!, but Unless I was the person specifically looking for the set I can't see 2K in these. :(

Sending back in the mail tomorrow AM.

Just curious, not that it necessarily matters but, were you going to keep and collect these or flip them?

EYECOLLECTVINTAGE
03-11-2016, 10:56 AM
Just curious, not that it necessarily matters but, were you going to keep and collect these or flip them?

I was hoping to keep the ruth and grade it for my collection and then just unload the rest as I had no need for them. I was just hoping that the ruth was immaculate like he explained to me via the phone but unfortunately it was a 5ish condition approx. why do you ask?

Neal
03-11-2016, 07:54 PM
I always liked the Kashins. I have never owned a Hornsby (other than 76 Topps) and that was most likely the card I would add to a HOF collection.