PDA

View Full Version : OT 599 retractions

Peter_Spaeth
03-04-2016, 08:31 PM
I challenge anyone to top this.

http://offer.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewBidderProfile&mode=1&item=401078637708&aid=9***n&eu=8W%2BPnAM9npkoPoiJkSnec%2B%2Fl4B5CxiwG&bidtid=-1&view=NONE&ssPageName=PageBidderProfileViewBids_None_ViewLink

nsaddict
03-04-2016, 08:39 PM
Won't be topped! PWCC should ban him period!

bnorth
03-04-2016, 08:49 PM
That is a good start. I will have to look for the shill account again that I have posted on here before that had several thousand retractions.:eek:

Iron Horse
03-04-2016, 08:50 PM
Wow!
That is a joke. eBay should ban him and PWCC needs to step up

asoriano
03-04-2016, 09:13 PM
Dang! Was hoping for a link to some ice cream memorabilia.

Beastmode
03-04-2016, 09:33 PM

http://offer.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewBidderProfile&mode=1&item=401078637708&aid=9***n&eu=8W%2BPnAM9npkoPoiJkSnec%2B%2Fl4B5CxiwG&bidtid=-1&view=NONE&ssPageName=PageBidderProfileViewBids_None_ViewLink

How can his total retractions be less than retractions only in the last 6 months. Fricken unbelievable. I'm not sure how selling in bulk works, but can't PWCC put a limit on the number of retractions a bidder can have? I'll be generous and say over 10 and they should be banned.

Maybe someone can explain it me, but the reputation/branding hit on PWCC far outweighs any wins this f-wad might bring into their business.

bcornell
03-04-2016, 09:47 PM
[REMOVED] This forum is done.

irishdenny
03-05-2016, 01:35 AM

Just Amazing Peter!!!

I did Tink That This was quite interestin...
This Knucklehead spent his time bidding over 200 times on this Harper Card!?

http://offer.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewBids&item=151998613480&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2565

Not as Flamboyant as your unforgivin ebayite...
However, I do believe that he deserves some recognition :rolleyes:

swarmee
03-05-2016, 04:42 AM
Yeah, there are certain websites that show "Hottest" cards, with highest numbers of bids at the top. In this case, since he made so many bids with penny incremements, he was the high bidder each time and just kept making penny bids to increase the number of overall bids to move up the Hottest chart. Free advertising? No, still counts as shilling.

Peter_Spaeth
03-05-2016, 06:52 AM
It's hard to believe ebay doesn't have a maximum number of retractions beyond which you're suspended.

Leon
03-05-2016, 08:39 AM
Dang! Was hoping for a link to some ice cream memorabilia.

That was actually funny.

1952boyntoncollector
03-05-2016, 08:46 AM
Didnt know Graded Authentic means VG..

swarmee
03-05-2016, 10:19 AM
I just sent a message to Brent through eBay to request that he blocks that bidder from all future auctions.

Brent Huigens
03-05-2016, 11:01 AM
Thank you to the board, especially to Peter, Leon, and John for reaching out to us. This bidder has indeed been blocked.

Just for completeness I want to make sure everyone is aware that as the seller I am unable to see these statistics that general members of the eBay community see. When I click on a user ID I am taken to specifics about that individual because their ID is not hidden for us. I would actually prefer to see what you guys see.

Bid retractions remain a top priority for me in my work with eBay. I am very hopeful that meaningful changes to this eBay tool are coming this year. Until then, please continue to help us police the marketplace. It's very much appreciated.

Brent, PWCC Auctions

TheNightmanCometh
03-05-2016, 11:17 AM
Just Amazing Peter!!!

I did Tink That This was quite interestin...
This Knucklehead spent his time bidding over 200 times on this Harper Card!?

http://offer.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewBids&item=151998613480&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2565

Not as Flamboyant as your unforgivin ebayite...
However, I do believe that he deserves some recognition :rolleyes:

I'm going to have to guess that the bidder didn't know about ebay's bidding policy. He probably thought that if he bid $409 as his high bid the auction would have gone from $111 straight to $409. Hence the reason why he bid so much. He was afraid that he'd bid way too much. Even then, though, it doesn't excuse him from being an idiot.

botn
03-05-2016, 11:59 AM
It's hard to believe ebay doesn't have a maximum number of retractions beyond which you're suspended.

Under the current policy it is very hard for an ebay user to be suspended for any buying/bidding policy violations regardless of the number of violations. Sellers on the other hand can get booted quite easily.

swarmee
03-05-2016, 12:03 PM
When I click on a user ID I am taken to specifics about that individual because their ID is not hidden for us. I would actually prefer to see what you guys see.

Easily fixed by using a different browser that you're not logged into eBay on, I believe. Or if you have bid retractions, you can have a staffer look them up from his/her account. Or send the auction to me and I'll look it up for you.

botn
03-05-2016, 12:19 PM
Easily fixed by using a different browser that you're not logged into eBay on, I believe. Or if you have bid retractions, you can have a staffer look them up from his/her account. Or send the auction to me and I'll look it up for you.

Or use Private Browsing in the same browser.

Beastmode
03-06-2016, 04:28 PM
The bidder is the problem. He's not a shill, he's just a derelict jerk. So, why is it PWCC's responsibility to "step up" here when the guy has 3% of all of his bids with them? Even the most pious N54 crusader can't expect them to review the bidding history of every bidder when they have 1000's of items up each month, right?

Bill

I'm not clear if there is a global setting for sellers to restrict bidders with X number of retractions. If there is not, I would agree that it would be impractical for any e-bay seller to check each individual bidder and their number of retractions. i'm not suggesting that.

However, IMHO, if there is a global setting, I'd prefer PWCC to restrict bidders who have more than 10 retractions. If that person really wanted to bid, they could call PWCC and plead their case for why they should be bidding with so many retractions.