PDA

View Full Version : Chipper Jones, big time ass hole

CMIZ5290
03-03-2016, 07:05 PM
I just saw a show on this guy from several years ago (Braves affiliate), what a prick! And I'm a Brave's fan. He was talking like a freaking gangster wearing a cap all the way over his head, and bragging his ass off about how good he was. Meanwhile, his Dad and Mother were also in the program talking about how great this guy was. I had always heard how big of a jerk Jones was, now I really know...What a prick

mmcgruff
03-03-2016, 08:22 PM
I've heard the same kind of things too. Great player but as a person.....

clydepepper
03-03-2016, 09:10 PM
Smoltzie had a big issue with him several years ago about his habit of laying out with minor injuries. I think Bobby & Freddie worked overtime keeping that under 'relative' control.

A first ballot Hall-of-Famer as a player (among the top 5 thirdbasemen ever), but the press may feel the same way and make him wait.

Joshchisox08
03-04-2016, 10:02 AM
I just saw a show on this guy from several years ago (Braves affiliate), what a prick! And I'm a Brave's fan. He was talking like a freaking gangster wearing a cap all the way over his head, and bragging his ass off about how good he was. Meanwhile, his Dad and Mother were also in the program talking about how great this guy was. I had always heard how big of a jerk Jones was, now I really know...What a prick

Never a Brave's fan but always liked Smoltz and Maddux. I then heard about how much of a doucher Maddux was and couldn't believe it:eek:

At his HOF induction speech Torre poked fun at Maddux and he just stood there with a pissed off grin on. Still like they guy as a player but weird that he's an asshole.

Smoltzie has always seemed to be a class act.

mets41
03-06-2016, 08:37 PM
who is chipper jones?

HRBAKER
03-06-2016, 09:47 PM
who is chipper jones?

You might know him as "Larry."

frankbmd
03-06-2016, 09:53 PM
You might know him as "Larry."

Who is Larry Jones? :eek:

clydepepper
03-06-2016, 10:23 PM
Who is Larry Jones? :eek:

ok, I'll play...

you might know him as Chipper...

HRBAKER
03-07-2016, 05:48 AM
Larry is his given first name that the Mets fans used to derisively cheer when Chipper batted. To very very limited success I might add as he owned them.
So much so in fact that he named his fourth child Shea.