PDA

View Full Version : Obscure Baseball Pin or Button, 1894 Balto Champs

threefortytwo
03-02-2016, 07:32 AM
Hey folks, new guy here, name's Brad, 30yo, Maryland, referred to this forum by Robert Edward Auctions.

I metal detect with a group of friends, and I'm posting this for a hunting buddy. This button was found in Baltimore. We think it is silver, but not positive.

We can't find any other examples on the market and we think it is probably quite rare, or possibly one of a kind. As an O's fan, it's a find he will keep and cherish, but for insurance purposes, trying to get an idea of value. Here is another Baltimore champions button, a little later:

http://www.robertedwardauctions.com/auction/2011/1325.html

Thank you for any assistance. Mods, please move this thread if necessary or let me know if any problems. Newb.

Best,
Brad

Leon
03-02-2016, 07:48 AM
Hey Brad
Welcome to the forum. Since it's an innocent and fact finding post by a Newb :), let's see how it goes here. Generally there is a memorabilia side of our forum but it's not the end of the world to post a piece here in an innocent fashion.

In the end an item like this is going to be difficult to establish a value on. The one shown in REA was quite a bit more ornate so the price was probably raised due to that. Maybe another member will know, especially a pin guy. We have several on the board. Good luck.

threefortytwo
03-02-2016, 08:14 AM
Thanks for the long newb leash, Leon! I'm a card guy too, so I will be back to discuss old cardstock later. :)

Cheers