PDA

View Full Version : 2.5 Million in fake autographs

Shoeless Moe
03-01-2016, 01:39 PM
http://www.sportscollectorsdaily.com/autograph-faker-pleads-guilty-govt-to-seek-restitution/

RichardSimon
03-01-2016, 02:58 PM
Every once in a while they catch a scumbag.
Amazon cares the same about autographs as ebay does. I had a team of people who wanted to help them with the autograph business and be the monitors for their site. They had no interest in doing anything. We could have prevented this scam.

HOFAUTOS
03-01-2016, 03:57 PM
Yowzers

I remember reading about some of those eBay dis on autograph magazines website

Scott Garner
03-01-2016, 06:22 PM
Douchebag!

Mr. Zipper
03-02-2016, 11:18 AM
$2.5 MM and this slug is only a tiny tip of the iceberg of the scammers on eBay and Amazon. There are many more sports frauds just like him and that's not even including the modern entertainment fakes, which probably dwarf sports in scale.

Looking at it that way, it is very easy to envision the online forgery industry is a $1 billion+ a year enterprise.

Shoeless Moe
03-02-2016, 11:25 AM
Looking at it that way, it is very easy to envision the online forgery industry is a $1 billion+ a year enterprise.

Maddog
03-03-2016, 06:55 PM
Now only if they would have gone after Gridiron Authentic. That guy ripped off far more than $2.5M.
The Fed's were handed it on a silver platter and punted.
Will never understand their prosecution protocol.

Kco
03-07-2016, 09:46 AM
Now only if they would have gone after Gridiron Authentic. That guy ripped off far more than $2.5M.
The Fed's were handed it on a silver platter and punted.
Will never understand their prosecution protocol.

Gridiron was literally scumbag 101. I received 3 autographed items as gifts from them from loved ones and was disheartened when looking at the autos. Two of the items were "cheap" but one was a proline helmet with a Drew Bree's signature. I ended up wiping the helmet and will have Drew actually sign it at a GTSM show.

D. Bergin
03-07-2016, 10:29 AM
Just popped into my head. I don't know if I've been watching too many crime movies lately, but I wonder if Coach's Corner isn't some sort of paid informant or plant for the government to compile information on the actual counterfeiters consigning this garbage.

I mean, they've probably been doing $2.5 million+ a year, for the last 20+ years.

Nothing else makes much sense to me that they're still in business.