PDA

View Full Version : Mid 1960's Regional Packers Issue?

vintagesportflips
02-28-2016, 10:47 AM
Hello,
I am more of a memorabilia guy, but picked up this trio of Packers cards in a grouping of ephemera (along with a Doug Hart of the same issue), and was curious if anyone knows what they are. They are blank backed, and a lighter stock type of card.
Thanks for any help!
Keith

http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n193/kjjavic/Packers_zpszaoelgms.jpg

obiwin
02-28-2016, 01:31 PM
What are the size dimensions?

I'm not generally familiar with Packers sets, but if I had to guess on this one, they look like team-issued photos to me.

Many of the teams issued their own photo sets of players.

They are not well-documented, but Beckett does have various years listed for Packers Team Issue photo sets. Just keep in mind that Beckett's listings for team-issued photos is not comprehensive.

Cataloging them can be a bit of a challenge because sometimes teams would re-use a photo of a player across multiple years, or change the dimensions (7x9, 8x10, 5x7) or even the paper stock, so it's hard to isolate the exact year.

I personally really love team-issue photos because they're generally not terribly expensive, present a nice collecting challenge because they don't come up often and are not well cataloged. Team Issue sets also often represent the entire roster, so it's a nice way to collect items of less popular players that never made it onto a main issue football card.

vintagesportflips
02-28-2016, 01:40 PM
Thanks for the reply.
Sorry, I should have included the size.
These are small, measuring 3 1/8 inches by 2 1/4 inches.

rjackson44
02-28-2016, 02:27 PM
Pretty cards

Bob Lemke
02-28-2016, 02:53 PM
I'd guess they are latter-day unauthorized reprints of genuine 8x10 Packers publicity team-issue photos.

vintagesportflips
02-28-2016, 04:40 PM
Thanks for the replies everyone.
The card do appear to have some age though, and all have paperloss on the reverse which I was told was from removal from a scrapbook.
I had the a Doug Hart scheduled to list on ebay tonight, but in case it is a reprint, I cancelled the listing.

Vintage316
06-26-2017, 12:54 PM
Seen this post in archives. I have 5 different small Packers team issued cards. Jordan, Hart, Davis, Nitschke, Dowler. Mine have a fabric type weave and can see the print through the blank back. I also have an extra Jordan and Hart. Hope you get this message. I'll send you a scan of the Dowler.