PDA

View Full Version : Philly Show

t206hound
02-26-2016, 12:13 PM
I will be heading to the Philly Show on Sunday... would love to hear some reports or see some photos from Friday and Saturday!

glynparson
02-26-2016, 01:04 PM
Than perused the floor. A little light on the prewar. was able to pick up some nice raw 50-60s stuff from a fresh collection purchased by one of the smaller dealers. Also picked up some tougher/popular cards from my friend Kenny but nothing prewar. Seemed to be more dealers than the last few times, fewer empty spots and vacant areas. Can not speak to the crowd as I cut out before the public showed up.

philliesfan
02-26-2016, 06:15 PM
I was set up at the last show in December. I could not do this one as I am taking my daughter to check out Kutztown University on Saturday.
Anyway, when I did the show in December, I was shocked at how small the show had gotten since I missed attending the past several shows. Anybody know what happened for the show to get that small. It was a real shocker to me.
Robert

nhsportsguy
02-26-2016, 09:23 PM
I'll be there set up booth 815, near the autograph pavillion. If you're looking to buy or sell, swing over and say hi.

Bored5000
02-27-2016, 12:05 AM
I was set up at the last show in December. I could not do this one as I am taking my daughter to check out Kutztown University on Saturday.

Not to hijack the thread, but I just wanted to give an endorsement to KU. I have a business administration degree from Kutztown.

curch
02-27-2016, 02:31 AM
I will be at the show today. Hoping to find some wax. Although it's been a struggle since bbce is not there anymore.

glynparson
02-27-2016, 04:43 AM
I have a political science degree from Kutztown and live 15 minutes away. It is really a hidden little gem of a school. I give it my highest of recommendations, a truly fine institution.

glynparson
02-27-2016, 04:46 AM
It may be tough i saw 4 sharp corners buy a nice lot of wax and vending from a dealer. I believe they purchased it to break.

t206hound
02-28-2016, 05:34 PM
based on the lack of activity on this thread, and my own experience of not buying a single item for the second time in a row, is this show a bust?

I did enjoy talking to Al and consigned a few items, but traffic looked really light. Some dealers were breaking down with two hours left in the day.

Anyone else attend? Any pickups?

curch
02-28-2016, 07:09 PM
I went yesterday and it was packed. Picked up a 67 mantle for $20 and some wax boxes!

Neal
02-29-2016, 04:52 AM
I was there on Saturday, which was my first time back in about 4 years. My have things have changed! The first thing that jumped out to me was the size of the crowd - years ago on a Saturday show morning at 10:30 it was packed. This time there may have been 100 people. A ton of modern stuff, no Levi, and and the room was half full (half empty in this case?) .... but it cured an itch I had.

Hopefully the National is better, as the best way to buy cards is in person.

jefferyepayne
02-29-2016, 05:51 AM
Didn't make it this time but sounds like I didn't miss much. Agree that this show seems to be kinda limping along at this point.

jeff

Leon
02-29-2016, 06:42 AM
I hope to do some shows in the future but the Philly shoe won't be one I do. I still harbor some angst about being told (by Hunt in a memorandum?) I couldn't do another local show if I do theirs. I don't dislike their auctions but I don't see me going to a show that has that kind of history. Plus, when asked about getting a table 6-7 yrs ago they said it was full. I went to the show and there were plenty of empty tables. Nah, too many others I would rather set up at. Hopefully later this year.....we shall see.

Peter_Spaeth
02-29-2016, 06:44 AM
It may be tough i saw 4 sharp corners buy a nice lot of wax and vending from a dealer. I believe they purchased it to break.

10,000 more PSA 10s coming up.

Peter_Spaeth
02-29-2016, 06:45 AM
I hope to do some shows in the future but the Philly shoe won't be one I do. I still harbor some angst about being told (by Hunt in a memorandum?) I couldn't do another local show if I do theirs. I don't dislike their auctions but I don't see me going to a show that has that kind of history. Plus, when asked about getting a table 6-7 yrs ago they said it was full. I went to the show and there were plenty of empty tables. Nah, too many others I would rather set up at. Hopefully later this year.....we shall see.

If the Philly shoe don't fit, don't wear it. :D

Leon
02-29-2016, 06:54 AM
If the Philly shoe don't fit, don't wear it. :D

I might even go to walk around but not set up. There are several I am giving thought to. CSA and Fusco are 2 I would probably like to do (and they advertise here too).