PDA

View Full Version : Storage questions

jchcollins
02-23-2016, 07:44 AM
I've posted something similar to this on vintage cards before, but can't find the thread and have an additional question, so if you will humor me -

1. What is the recommended storage method (not looking to do an album) for single Exhibit cards? Just snagged my first one ever (a 1950 Jackie Robinson) in an auction yesterday, and the seller sent me a note saying that he had run out of oversized toploaders and was packing the card carefully in cardboard to ship. While I'm less than thrilled about that, my larger concern at the moment is what to put it in once it gets here. Does Ultra Pro make toploaders specifically for Exhibits?

2. What kind of oversize toploader (and sleeves?) would you recommend for pre-1957 Topps? I have a lot in Card Saver I's right now, but for some of my more expensive cards that are not graded, I was thinking that a standard toploader would be more rigid.

Thanks for any advice!

DBesse27
02-23-2016, 08:34 AM
1. I put my exhibits in an ultra pro postcard sized soft sleeve, and then a CS4. If you don't like the card saver, I believe they make postcard toploaders.

2. Ultra pro makes soft sleeves specifically for 1952-56 Topps baseball cards. The problem is, they're too wide for a standard top loader. Speaking of toploaders, I just put my cards from that era in a regular toploader and then in a team bag. Another option is a tallboy toploader. Not sure whether ultra pro makes a toploader somewhere between their tallboy and standard ones.

Vintagevault13
02-23-2016, 10:46 AM
Ultra Pro does make a top loader for 52-56 Topps. Search "Ultra Pro Vintage Toploaders". They work great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk