PDA

View Full Version : Help please

EYECOLLECTVINTAGE
02-21-2016, 02:53 PM
Have a chance to pick this up. How much are these worth? Can't find any information on this anywhere. Thanks

vintagesportscollector
02-21-2016, 03:13 PM
It looks like a page removed (cut out) from the 1934 Quaker Oats Babe Ruth photo flip book.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1934-Quaker-Oats-BABE-RUTH-Cereal-Premium-Photo-Flip-Book-Yankees-Puffed-Wheat-/331750820110?hash=item4d3de3c90e%3Ag%3A7TIAAOSw5dN WkcfL&nma=true&si=t9nLg9EDuQ5Ro4pdh0RdgXdkQF8%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

njdunkin1
02-21-2016, 03:14 PM
Bro you gotta do some basic research at least lol. The forums are here to help, but you need to put some effort into researching specific cards before making big purchases.

EYECOLLECTVINTAGE
02-21-2016, 03:17 PM
Bro you gotta do some basic research at least lol. The forums are here to help, but you need to put some effort into researching specific cards before making big purchases.

I looked in the book I have and it said 8X10 but this isn't a 8x10. Didn't even know a flip book existed. Someone is asking 75 so didn't know or couldnt find it's value anywhere as the listing description is blank basically.

I thought it looked nice so I figured I'd ask "BEFORE" i made a purchase for once. lol

EYECOLLECTVINTAGE
02-21-2016, 03:18 PM
It looks like a page removed (cut out) from the 1934 Quaker Oats Babe Ruth photo flip book.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1934-Quaker-Oats-BABE-RUTH-Cereal-Premium-Photo-Flip-Book-Yankees-Puffed-Wheat-/331750820110?hash=item4d3de3c90e%3Ag%3A7TIAAOSw5dN WkcfL&nma=true&si=t9nLg9EDuQ5Ro4pdh0RdgXdkQF8%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Thanks for the help!

Duluth Eskimo
02-21-2016, 03:49 PM
You couldn't find a price on it because it is worthless. The questions you are asking make me believe you are swimming in the deep end without a live vest. It's your money and you can do as you wish on any item you want, but asking a board of advanced collectors questions like this may not be a good start to your collecting career.

EYECOLLECTVINTAGE
02-21-2016, 03:58 PM
You couldn't find a price on it because it is worthless. The questions you are asking make me believe you are swimming in the deep end without a live vest. It's your money and you can do as you wish on any item you want, but asking a board of advanced collectors questions like this may not be a good start to your collecting career.

I truly apologize. Didn't realize it was irritating. I figured if someone knew they'd answer and if they didn't they wouldn't. Again, very sorry.

Leon
02-21-2016, 04:28 PM
I truly apologize. Didn't realize it was irritating. I figured if someone knew they'd answer and if they didn't they wouldn't. Again, very sorry.

It's not a huge deal :). I (we) love to help those who help themselves first. A bit of googling and searching before you ask the questions would be prudent and shows you cared enough to put forth some effort first. This is only a general rule...we all get lazy sometimes but, especially as a new member, it's best to put some effort in first. Good luck (and the thing you posted, as stated, is virtually worthless, maybe a couple bucks at most)

EYECOLLECTVINTAGE
02-21-2016, 04:34 PM
It's not a huge deal :). I (we) love to help those who help themselves first. A bit of googling and searching before you ask the questions would be prudent and shows you cared enough to put forth some effort first. This is only a general rule...we all get lazy sometimes but, especially as a new member, it's best to put some effort in first. Good luck (and the thing you posted, as stated, is virtually worthless, maybe a couple bucks at most)

I appreciate that and really can't wait to dig in some more an dbecome a valuable member here. When I get into something like I am doing now, I go 100% and learn fast. Thanks again

Leon
02-21-2016, 05:05 PM
You might consider slowing down a little. Most experienced collectors will say it's a marathon more than a sprint. Here is a sample, which won't sell anywhere close to this price unless someone blows it, of what you showed except it is not 8 x 10. These are small flip book pages, maybe 1 x 2 inches, or something like that....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1934-BABE-RUTH-QUACKER-OATS-BASEBALL-CARD-/172109643947?hash=item281288c0ab:g:OjsAAOSw8-tWaICo

I appreciate that and really can't wait to dig in some more an dbecome a valuable member here. When I get into something like I am doing now, I go 100% and learn fast. Thanks again

batsballsbases
02-21-2016, 05:13 PM
Please take some of the advice that the members are trying to tell you. I tried to give you some good advice about the pins but if you are going to start jumping all around when you see an item believe me as the saying goes a fool and his money are soon parted and it can happen in an instant in the baseball world! And please what ever you do dont start buying autographs! They will cut you to ribbons over on the autograph section! If you start asking questions on every item...:rolleyes::rolleyes:

EYECOLLECTVINTAGE
02-21-2016, 05:17 PM
Please take some of the advice that the members are trying to tell you. I tried to give you some good advice about the pins but if you are going to start jumping all around when you see an item believe me as the saying goes a fool and his money are soon parted and it can happen in an instant in the baseball world! And please what ever you do dont start buying autographs! They will cut you to ribbons over on the autograph section! If you start asking questions on every item...:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Will do. Thank you.

Duluth Eskimo
02-21-2016, 06:43 PM

I'm sorry if I sound like I'm barking at you. I just advise you to do some serious home work before asking so many questions. There is a great price guide for pins, but it is sometimes tough to find. A board member wrote it. Someone can possibly provide a link to it.

Secondly, if you want to spend some money, I would advise asking questions about specific reference books that people on here might suggest. There is literally a ton of knowledge, but that knowledge comes from hard study. Not everyone is willing to give it away for free.

Your interests are in fun items, but more homework is needed. Search the old threads about reference books and you will find a wealth of knowledge. Good luck

DHogan
02-21-2016, 07:35 PM
AAA card grading is one that of the companies that 99% of the collectors would run far away from. Like others have said. The item might be from a book or old magazine.

Peter_Spaeth
02-21-2016, 07:58 PM
What Al said. SLOW down.

batsballsbases
02-21-2016, 08:07 PM
What Al said. SLOW down.

Thankyou Peter!

njdunkin1
02-22-2016, 09:12 PM
I looked in the book I have and it said 8X10 but this isn't a 8x10. Didn't even know a flip book existed. Someone is asking 75 so didn't know or couldnt find it's value anywhere as the listing description is blank basically.

I thought it looked nice so I figured I'd ask "BEFORE" i made a purchase for once. lol

No sweat man, I'm not upset. I actually think it's quite wise to consult other people's opinions before purchases. As long as you add help to other members of the community every now and then, you're good to go :D
Best of luck!
NJ

P.S. - did that '54 Topps Hank Aaron turn out to be authentic?

EYECOLLECTVINTAGE
02-24-2016, 09:32 AM
No sweat man, I'm not upset. I actually think it's quite wise to consult other people's opinions before purchases. As long as you add help to other members of the community every now and then, you're good to go :D
Best of luck!
NJ

P.S. - did that '54 Topps Hank Aaron turn out to be authentic?

No it was fake I didn't even get it graded. Sent it back for a refund and it went smooth thank god. Thanks for asking!