PDA

View Full Version : Anyone following this seller??

earlywynnfan
02-20-2016, 08:20 AM
He was on ebay about 5 years ago, and he's back. Nobody seems to fall for his BS, but the write-ups are hysterical. Well worth opening your favorite beverage and reading through them. He responds to emails, too; I have some saved that I go through every so often.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/vintagesportsguy/m.html?ssPageName=STRK%3Anull%3AMESOI&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2654

rholmes
02-20-2016, 09:40 AM
I always have a look at his listings when I come across them. They all add up to someone trying to convince you that 4+4=9...just because. Strong entertainment value though.

bnorth
02-20-2016, 12:45 PM
He was on ebay about 5 years ago, and he's back. Nobody seems to fall for his BS, but the write-ups are hysterical. Well worth opening your favorite beverage and reading through them. He responds to emails, too; I have some saved that I go through every so often.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/vintagesportsguy/m.html?ssPageName=STRK%3Anull%3AMESOI&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2654

That is one of the best eBay links I have ever seen, thank you Sir for sharing. The description of the 46-49 Ruth bat is simply amazing.:eek:

thetruthisoutthere
02-20-2016, 01:51 PM
That is one of the best eBay links I have ever seen, thank you Sir for sharing. The description of the 46-49 Ruth bat is simply amazing.:eek:

From Ebay seller Vintagesportsguy:

"Something still did not sit right with me, I had this feeling deep in my stomach that said buy this bat or you will regret it.

I have to admit I felt a bit confused, so much so I becoming depressed. I hate that feeling when there is nowhere or no one to turn to for answers.

I stopped for a few minutes, got a cup of coffee and started thinking.

Then I realized how stupid can I be...."

Runscott
02-20-2016, 04:34 PM
My favorite part is the 'photo match' the bat barrel is not even the same shape.

I wouldn't label this guy an 'idiot' or a 'moron', but rather an extremely creative writer. My guess is that this is a side business to selling used cars or vacuum cleaners.

iwantitiwinit
02-20-2016, 04:42 PM
1.7 Million worth in total. Good luck.

ooo-ribay
02-20-2016, 07:25 PM
His Chad Billingsley RC looks legit.

RichardSimon
02-20-2016, 07:28 PM
My favorite part is the 'photo match' the bat barrel is not even the same shape.

I wouldn't label this guy an 'idiot' or a 'moron', but rather an extremely creative writer. My guess is that this is a side business to selling used cars or vacuum cleaners.

Or a speech writer for a prominent public figure.

Runscott
02-21-2016, 08:30 AM
I think the guy is harmless, but has a screw loose. I sent him a friendly note mentioning that the bat shapes did not match, and he sent a friendly but long-winded response, agreeing with me at some point in the middle, then got quite confusing.

Leon
02-21-2016, 08:34 AM
From Ebay seller Vintagesportsguy:

"Something still did not sit right with me, I had this feeling deep in my stomach that said buy this bat or you will regret it.

I have to admit I felt a bit confused, so much so I becoming depressed. I hate that feeling when there is nowhere or no one to turn to for answers.

I stopped for a few minutes, got a cup of coffee and started thinking.

Then I realized how stupid can I be...."

Obviously the answer is "quite".