PDA

View Full Version : suggestions for T205 display?

epike3
02-19-2016, 10:15 PM
I am about 30% complete on a low-grade T205 national league set and hoping to eventually finish it off and maybe move on to AL also.
Most of my tobacco cards are in cards saver I type holders in a card board box, with a few in plastic pages and a couple slabbed though I would be willing to break them out.

Anyone got creative ideas for how you have stored and/or displayed these cards? Could they eventually fade if framed and exposed to light?

Thanks for any suggestions!

Best,
Ed

Leon
02-20-2016, 08:50 AM
I would not be exposing cards to any direct sunlight (or even indirect if possible). There are an infinite number of ways to display them. Do what makes ya' happy and show us what you decide if you do something. :)..... There are a lot of suggestions on this board if you search a little....good luck.

shernan30
02-20-2016, 09:23 AM
Framing is always nice, but can get expensive when it comes to the proper glass.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

baztacula
02-20-2016, 11:27 AM
You could display them by team and then by position in a stylized baseball diamond configuration. Do you have enough wall space to do each team? I don't have examples of T205s but here is my T206 Tigers wall. If anybody has an extra mansion they wouldn't mind donating, I would have enough wall space to display all the other teams... if someone also doesn't mind donating the cards (I'd only need the non-Tigers.)

mechanicalman
02-20-2016, 04:06 PM
That's awesome! Go Tigers.

epike3
02-20-2016, 09:22 PM
Nice idea!

kmac32
02-21-2016, 05:45 PM
Pennzoni makes graded card displays that look nice and are not horribly expensive. I would suggest the deep cases they make as the cards lean back and have great eye appeal. If I recall correctly, they also make non graded card displays. Depends on the look you are going for.

Marslife
02-22-2016, 03:38 PM
Hey Ed!

For my T205 Pirates, I went to the salvation army, bought an old frame. took out the backer board. went to the craft store and bought a foam board. traced the cards on the foam board and them placed them in the holes in the foam. Had my daughter paint 1911 Pirates on the front of the board. put cardboard on the back to hold them in place. obviously the glass is still in the front. Two graded cards, the rest are in single card holders. Looks great on the wall done on a real low budget!

The T205 HOF and T206 Pirates are in a Penzoni Display case. also displays the SGC graded cards nicely.

Hope this helps!

Cliff

Photos below, sorry about the glare from the flash:

epike3
02-22-2016, 09:20 PM
great displays, thanks for sharing! Looks like you figured out a case where you could easily rearrange your slabbed cards, mine aren't slabbed but I figure that I could put them in a plastic case .